Homepage Article Ancelotti Post Match Comments - Everton 0-2 Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bang on .....but its all wind unless you actually DO something about it ! Harsh words from the manager are obviously not enough to motivate this group.

Carlo is right. Problem is he keeps selecting the worst offenders.

He doesn’t have much options though mate. Look at the state of that bench today. That also being said he’s the man who’s been telling us for the past few months that he’s really happy with the squad he has at his disposal so it’s a catch 22.

Let’s be honest it’s not that we lost to Newcastle. Every team in the league has lost at home to the bottom teams. It’s the performance and we have had 2 weeks off in this Period no one else has. So It can’t be fatigue because seriously if it is then what do we do in training. The players had no desire, lacked confidence and ideas. Now I never expected us to be top 6 this season I thought and still think 7-9 his where we are at. And I would be happy with that as long as we recruit well in the summer and have a big push. The fact we found ourselves in the position we was at only a few days ago at his at this stage, just to put these type off performances in going back to West Ham, Leeds, and This week you shouldn’t lack desire or confidence or energy. This is the hardest job Carlo has ever took to take us where we want to be and feel should be. I will give him time but these performances regardless of our squad can’t continue to happen.

He doesn’t have much options though mate. Look at the state of that bench today. That also being said he’s the man who’s been telling us for the past few months that he’s really happy with the squad he has at his disposal so it’s a catch 22.
I agree with that but when there's nothing happening on the pitch where's the ingenuity to get more from the selected players? And this is hardly the first game where the lack of drive and spirit has been highlighted. Heaven knows what those on the bench made out of Ancelotti not using all his subs. Quite dispiriting I'd have thought.
When my team is a goal down with 10 minutes to go I look towards the manager to do something that might work. Rarely do we get it. Even when just one goal down we were spending most of the time in our half, playing at exactly the same pace and with the same lack of direction. Oh for the days when in such a situation we'd be throwing our CHs up front to raise the momentum and the volume of the support, and to hell with whether it was looking stylish and technically pleasing to the eye.

Said it before, will say it again.

What a complete and utter waste of time it will have been to get Carlo and James in if we refuse to compete the squad or all least fill in some absolutely massive gaps in the first xi.

Sigurdsson, Coleman... starting games for us in 2021? That's utterly absurd.

Two goalkeepers and no attacking players on the bench at the end of a transfer window?

As much as I think he's been great, who goes and signs Ben Godfrey for 20/25m when we badly need a striker and a winger?

The DoF has well and truly destroyed our season. It'll fizzle out sooner or later... in fact I'd say the decline has started already.

Don't go waiting for us to make a late move in the transfer window, it's too late now. They've messed up a glorious opportunity. Now watch an utter no-mark club like West Ham make a real fight for a top 6 position, and that's not even mentioning Leicester fighting for the top 4. Where are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.