Homepage Article Ancelotti Post Match Comments - Everton 0-2 Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodriguez should buy himselfs same balls. All that crying is embarrassing.

No. He got head tackled today. His teammates did nothing and the ref couldn't be arsed. Everyone is worried about how many games he will play in a season? The team needs to look out for him. If he was named Tiago or De Bruyne the kicking in he got in the first half would have been a scandal.

The biggest thing for me today was that in the games we have won recently, we have won by being very defensive and nicking goals from set pieces/on the counter etc. We were never going to win that game today with that approach. Instead, we got neither a defensive nor an attacking approach and ultimately got totally outwitted by what has been the worst team in the league in the past two months. Bizarre.

Hes absolutely right, and possibly not been hard enough on the players but i also think he got it wrong with the set up today. I didnt like the formation, we should have gone 2 up top and played football in their half. All we did was isolate DCL again and play it around the back and lose it when we tried to attack

That's another home game lost in the third quarter of the match - Leeds, WHU, Utd in the LC, and now Newcastle. Strange. Is it fitness? Is it an ebbing in belief if a decent start doesn't produce anything? Or is it just an indication of a general lack of spirit in the ranks? Can't recall us losing so many games in this period of a game in recent years.

That's another home game lost in the third quarter of the match - Leeds, WHU, Utd in the LC, and now Newcastle. Strange. Is it fitness? Is it an ebbing in belief if a decent start doesn't produce anything? Or is it just an indication of a general lack of spirit in the ranks? Can't recall us losing so many games in this period of a game in recent years.
That should the final quarter of course

Coleman's interview admissions were embarrassing from a decent man, a very good servant to Everton and regrettably a clapped out player. Will always be remembered with pleasure. Retire soon please.
Hes only 32 why would he retire, he could play on a few more seasons, maybe not at Everton or Premier League

He left a player with the least desire on the pitch for 90mins. Holgate would have offer more bite if he wants to win more 50/50. Carlo created his own problem and whining about it.

this

if he wanted attitude he could have took off players who werent showing the right attitude

sigurddson should have been off at half time

godfrey or holgate could have come on to give us some bite and snark back

Gordon could have replaced Richarlison to tell him he’s got no right to sulk and if he does want a move to Barcelona he needs to perform for Everton first

all well and good slating the players but the buck stops with him, he’s the manager. If they are not playing well you change things and you solve the problem.

instead he let that game get away from us until it was clear as day they were going to nick a goal then sit deep and hold out comfortably for a win

No. He got head tackled today. His teammates did nothing and the ref couldn't be arsed. Everyone is worried about how many games he will play in a season? The team needs to look out for him. If he was named Tiago or De Bruyne the kicking in he got in the first half would have been a scandal.
More like if he played for those two clubs I think.

Ok, he said the attitude wasn't good enough. He's said this a few times after similar performances against mediocre teams. We know who the main offenders are. Either:
1. Stop picking them and play younger players, they can't be any worse.
2. Get in new players asap. I don't care if they're young championship players. If they are hungry, fast and agressive, they would be better than a lot of the dross we continue to show faith in.

He doesn’t have much options though mate. Look at the state of that bench today. That also being said he’s the man who’s been telling us for the past few months that he’s really happy with the squad he has at his disposal so it’s a catch 22.
You don't "reward" players for being crap by selecting them regardless. I know we have almost nothing there but playing Smalls or another youth lad goes a long way to say that effort is needed for every match. How many times have we said over the years that a player is terrible consistently in a match yet he gets picked every single week to play? It sends a TERRIBLE message to everyone else that being poor in a match isn't going to matter regardless of anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.