2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his price was too high for us then, I can't imagine it being any lower if he continues the season at this standard.

I reckon they had a budget this summer that they didn’t want to exceed. And buying Gomes would have done that.

January (probs not) and summer, new budget.

Just read an article on Newsnow , interview with Brands (soz cant link it )
Brands turned us down 2 years ago as he was happy at PSV.
And states he told Moshiri to signAndre Gomes at that time .
Seems he's way ahead of the game this Marcel fella , wonder who else he has in his scouting book ?

So even before Brands joined, he was recommending players?

...all the indications are that whether he comes here or not will largely be down to Andre Gomes.
That looks the case Eggs.
Its seems the reason he came to us is he has a good relationship with Silva and was earmarked by Brands for a good while.
Now I think the club have to show him the ambition needed to sign & keep top quality players.
The rest is down to him being happy here ( which by the look of things ) he certainly is.
Over to you now Mosh , starting in January with 1 or maybe 2 quality signings to prove it.

Bit unusual but probably knew Gomez was never going to the Dutch league.
Could be.

Also I read just after Brands agreed to come here, in an interview he stated he had a hand in picking Marco Silva as the new manager .
Considering Silva was appointed before he came here it looks he has been advising the club for some time.
Sounds like Brands is a man with a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back