2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming he wants to sign for anyone else which I doubt
Why the heck not? He's too good for us. Obviously I will be over the moon if we can snag him, but once bigger clubs show their faces he'll certainly be interested. If it's between us and Spurs, it'll be London and the Spuds any day of the week.

Why the heck not? He's too good for us. Obviously I will be over the moon if we can snag him, but once bigger clubs show their faces he'll certainly be interested. If it's between us and Spurs, it'll be London and the Spuds any day of the week.
He has said he loves it here, he loves the community and the team and fans feel like a family... we will see!

Pickford
Digne
Mina
Gomes
Richarlison

Those 5 are around 2-6th in terms of quality...

So we need to sign Gomes and add more.

I’d be tempted to throw Keane into that list so far this season. I was talking to a mate the other day about Mina, there’s something in his performances that makes me think he’s been lucky a few times not to have had decisions against him. I think he could have conceded a pen against Salah in the Derby off the top of my head. There was a couple more since but that one was the first I noticed. In the past iv seen decisions given against us. Maybe he’s lucky, maybe his personality makes refs give him the benefit of the doubt or most likely I know nothing about footy and the instances I’m thinking of were perfectly good defending. I think he’s looked good overall but all it takes is one clumsy tackle and somebody to talk out about it and before he knows it he’s treated like Felenni. Conceding free kicks for anything he did even when he’d done nothing wrong. Love his attitude though, has a real presence about the place

I’m somewhere in between this.

I see what you mean in that a much younger Gareth Barry was excellent, and he was still decent when we had him albeit old and slow, but the comparison for me doesn’t work. Gomes is a far better all round footballer in my opinion.

I actually think Barry would have been his ideal partner in midfield. They are both composed on the ball and can put foot in when needed they also both have the intelligence to know when to go and when to sit.

And if Gomes tells Barca I’m not signing for anybody else except Everton what will Barca do ?
The player has all the power here , Barca have none and Everton have a little

Not all the power, contract has already been signed and his salary comes from Barcelona at the end of the loan. Barcelona, as a club, like to work in the best interest of the player in transfers but both parties know who has the final word - and it's not Gomes

I actually think Barry would have been his ideal partner in midfield. They are both composed on the ball and can put foot in when needed they also both have the intelligence to know when to go and when to sit.
They would've made the slowed central midfield in PL history.

They would've made the slowed central midfield in PL history.

I didn't realise Gomes was slow. Can't argue that Barry is slow but the speed of thought makes up for it in my opinion. I would also like to have seen either one of them partnered with Arteta. One of best midfield displays I can remember was when we beat United 3-1 and Rodwell scored we had Arteta and Osman in midfield and they complimented each other and it gave us good passing options. I would like to see a more complete footballer alongside Gomes as it reduces some of his burden.

Not all the power, contract has already been signed and his salary comes from Barcelona at the end of the loan. Barcelona, as a club, like to work in the best interest of the player in transfers but both parties know who has the final word - and it's not Gomes
So Everton are prepared to pay say 30m
A. N. OTHER club offers Barca 40m
Baca accept the higher offer
Everton can’t / won’t match and stick to 30m
Gomes refuses to negotiate with A. N. OTHER club and won’t sign for them
What do Barca do then ?
Gomes is 25 , has one failed move behind him
He has publicly stated he’s very happy here , says he feels like a man again , everyone here is very supportive
Loves working with Silva and says he can get better
Back in the Portuguese national squad
Will he risk another failed move at his age or stay where he knows it’s working out and he’s happy

Status
Not open for further replies.