2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Echo he's said its an honour to play for Everton and if feels like family, we need to get this deal done in January even if it includes one of those buy back clauses that Barcelona keep including. 35-40 million should do it along with first refusal on Richarlison if he ever starts looking for a move.
Just read that meself.
Dont think there is any doubt in his quotes he wants to stay here. In fact it looks like he loves being here , especially he is "100% sure he made the right decision" to join.
It looks like just negotiating a price with Barca now and his agent respecting what is right for Gomes' future.
Cheque book please Mosh.

Just read that meself.
Dont think there is any doubt in his quotes he wants to stay here. In fact it looks like he loves being here , especially he is "100% sure he made the right decision" to join.
It looks like just negotiating a price with Barca now and his agent respecting what is right for Gomes' future.
Cheque book please Mosh.

Think it helps as well that he has two of his former team mates from Barca, already here.

In that midfield he’s like when you were a kid and you got that first La Coste tracksuit. He’s brilliant but he kind of makes you realise the rest of your trackies are a bit meffy

The team does look patchy in terms of quality. We have Andre Gomes oozing ability and it makes some of the others look a bit poor. Walcott for example is a decent player, but is he at the same level as Gomes or Richarlison or Mina?

We need this man in our team. And we need more like him.

Got to get this done in jan to head off one of the teams above us thinking aye aye he's decent him we'll have him.

Hopefully the board are decisive as we may have to pay slightly over the odds.

The perfect example is across the park.

No one would say now van dijk was overpriced as he's one of their top 3 players.

Same applies to Gomes.

Get it done.

The team does look patchy in terms of quality. We have Andre Gomes oozing ability and it makes some of the others look a bit poor. Walcott for example is a decent player, but is he at the same level as Gomes or Richarlison or Mina?

We need this man in our team. And we need more like him.

I’d even go as far as to say the likes of Gana, who looks brilliant at his role but beyond that his deficiencies are starting to become an issue. I don’t want this to sound like a knee jerk but now Newcastle and Watford have shown what a physical game plan can do to how we play it’s not going to be long before better teams work that out. 14 games deep to look around at where we are it’s hard to critisise but I think it shows problems in our squad we probably didn’t even see as problems before. Now we probably are the next best team outside the elite teams in the league I keep looking at areas of the pitch thinking they wouldn’t get into Spurs, Liverpool’s, Arsenal’s team. I’m not really including city because their squad is an absolute joke

According to the Echo he's said its an honour to play for Everton and if feels like family, we need to get this deal done in January even if it includes one of those buy back clauses that Barcelona keep including. 35-40 million should do it along with first refusal on Richarlison if he ever starts looking for a move.

If anyone of the cl teams come in for him his gone
Just read that meself.
Cheque book please Mosh.
All players say that.
Have to buy him before the transfer window starts.

You can just see Daniel levy flying to barca to arrange a transfer for the summer.

I’d even go as far as to say the likes of Gana, who looks brilliant at his role but beyond that his deficiencies are starting to become an issue. I don’t want this to sound like a knee jerk but now Newcastle and Watford have shown what a physical game plan can do to how we play it’s not going to be long before better teams work that out. 14 games deep to look around at where we are it’s hard to critisise but I think it shows problems in our squad we probably didn’t even see as problems before. Now we probably are the next best team outside the elite teams in the league I keep looking at areas of the pitch thinking they wouldn’t get into Spurs, Liverpool’s, Arsenal’s team. I’m not really including city because their squad is an absolute joke
It's definitely a two level team at the minute. Those that looked good last year are now being stretched by the level of some of the newcomers and the requirement to play like Silva wants.

The likes of Keane and Pickford look mostly the part. Gana and Siggurdson and perhaps Coleman look like they can do the job for the time being but Siggy looks tired and Gana/ Coleman look at the limit of their abilities.

By the end of 2019/2020 season, I believe we won't be seeing any of last year's players being involved much in the first team with maybe the exception of Keane. I think Pickford will attract a big bid and be sacrificed to build the team, and the others will be replaced or if they're young and domestically qualified relegated to squad places .

Status
Not open for further replies.