2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely a two level team at the minute. Those that looked good last year are now being stretched by the level of some of the newcomers and the requirement to play like Silva wants.

The likes of Keane and Pickford look mostly the part. Gana and Siggurdson and perhaps Coleman look like they can do the job for the time being but Siggy looks tired and Gana/ Coleman look at the limit of their abilities.

By the end of 2019/2020 season, I believe we won't be seeing any of last year's players being involved much in the first team with maybe the exception of Keane. I think Pickford will attract a big bid and be sacrificed to build the team, and the others will be replaced or if they're young and domestically qualified relegated to squad places .
You and @bluerobert make good points
Just go back to February this year. And Coleman, gana and Walcott looked some of our best technical players, a long side the likes of jags, Williams, martina, bolasie, niasse and even Davies who wasn’t having a good season.

Now them 3 look the poorest in the team technically. And I said a month ago they are the 3 positions that need upgrading, with obviously bring in a striker too.

You and @bluerobert make good points
Just go back to February this year. And Coleman, gana and Walcott looked some of our best technical players, a long side the likes of jags, Williams, martina, bolasie, niasse and even Davies who wasn’t having a good season.

Now them 3 look the poorest in the team technically. And I said a month ago they are the 3 positions that need upgrading, with obviously bring in a striker too.
I think it's pretty apparent and I am sure that Silva and Brands are looking into this as we debate on the forum. It's of course a much harder thing to do, than to talk about. My hope is that Brands and Silva are considering a long game here, and can find players in a strategic manner that avoids buying the flavor of the day and allow us to pick up some players who are good value for money in these crazy times.

Anyway. Gomes. Buy him asap.

If anyone of the cl teams come in for him his gone
All players say that.
Have to buy him before the transfer window starts.

You can just see Daniel levy flying to barca to arrange a transfer for the summer.
Do you ever have anything positive to say about the club ?

I cant see Levy flying anywhere , Spurs have bigger things to channel their money into.

Got to get this done in jan to head off one of the teams above us thinking aye aye he's decent him we'll have him.

Hopefully the board are decisive as we may have to pay slightly over the odds.

The perfect example is across the park.

No one would say now van dijk was overpriced as he's one of their top 3 players.

Same applies to Gomes.

Get it done.

Club will wait until January as there is sufficient interest in the Premiership should Everton not meet Barcelona's evaluation of the player

I’d even go as far as to say the likes of Gana, who looks brilliant at his role but beyond that his deficiencies are starting to become an issue. I don’t want this to sound like a knee jerk but now Newcastle and Watford have shown what a physical game plan can do to how we play it’s not going to be long before better teams work that out. 14 games deep to look around at where we are it’s hard to critisise but I think it shows problems in our squad we probably didn’t even see as problems before. Now we probably are the next best team outside the elite teams in the league I keep looking at areas of the pitch thinking they wouldn’t get into Spurs, Liverpool’s, Arsenal’s team. I’m not really including city because their squad is an absolute joke
It's definitely a two level team at the minute. Those that looked good last year are now being stretched by the level of some of the newcomers and the requirement to play like Silva wants.

The likes of Keane and Pickford look mostly the part. Gana and Siggurdson and perhaps Coleman look like they can do the job for the time being but Siggy looks tired and Gana/ Coleman look at the limit of their abilities.

By the end of 2019/2020 season, I believe we won't be seeing any of last year's players being involved much in the first team with maybe the exception of Keane. I think Pickford will attract a big bid and be sacrificed to build the team, and the others will be replaced or if they're young and domestically qualified relegated to squad places .

Pickford
Digne
Mina
Gomes
Richarlison

Those 5 are around 2-6th in terms of quality...

So we need to sign Gomes and add more.

I wonder what Barca value him at. They know that Everton throw stupid money at slightly above-average players. 45m for Sigurdsson being the main one. They will also see how our fans are gushing over him and how he has become arguably our most important player. I reckon they'll want around a Sigurdsson-type fee, and we won't pay it, then he ends up at Spurs, of course.

I wonder what Barca value him at. They know that Everton throw stupid money at slightly above-average players. 45m for Sigurdsson being the main one. They will also see how our fans are gushing over him and how he has become arguably our most important player. I reckon they'll want around a Sigurdsson-type fee, and we won't pay it, then he ends up at Spurs, of course.
Assuming he wants to sign for anyone else which I doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.