2023/24 Andre Gomes

….i said last season (when he wasn’t here) that Gomes is a useful player to have on the bench, certainly better than Davies. I’ve said the same repeatedly this season.

i wouldn’t trust him with a new deal but he can give us something, especially playing further up the pitch. He’s actually somebody who can ‘put Beto in’ behind central defenders.
Very much this, our most glaring weakness is that calmness or quality in the final third, you can see both from his VAR ruled out assist and how deliberately he struck his goal into the bottom corner that on a day he can offer that.

What a cameo from this guy.

No idea where he's been last few months (just assumed he'd been frozen up to the transfer window as he's as far from a Dyche player you can get) but scored and was playing some beautiful passes through the Spurs midfield late on.

Don't think he's going to have some amazing renaissance but that was more like his level in the early days under Silva.

He would seem to be as far from a Dyche layer as you can get, but Dyche has been talking him up in his pressers. Volunteering info without being asked.

As always you have to consider what he’s seeing in training. From what we saw today Gomes must have been dedicated indeed to getting into the pitch.