2023/24 Andre Gomes

How did he play when he came on? I missed the game. Any signs he might be able to be viable starting option??
I would temper expectations but he played well, especially given the circumstances. Can’t say he really put a foot wrong.

Miscast in the 10 role in terms of the pressing, but he did a job and looked very good when he moved back further.

One thing I will say is he didn’t stay close to DCL most times, dropped into the midfield and neither of the other two moved up to support. Created a lull in the game for us for a bit in the 2nd half.

The financial position we are in and with our squad, I think we have to try to get a tune out of Deli Ali and Gomes. They are not perfect but they're the most high class players we have and if we can use them occasionally in a system which plays to their strengths then it can be the difference between being a lower half team and a top half team. Gomes has elite level ability on the ball. I've seen him look like the best player on the field against the best teams in the league (but also absolutely rank at times). If Dyche can get consistent tune out of him it would give us a different dimension in attack.

Didn’t see that one coming at all. Can he repeat it ? Who does he replace ?

Played his best season in the middle with Gana.

Tell you what - I’m liking Dyche-fit

The ball to put Harrison clean through was absolutely ridiculous.

There's no one else in the squad who can see it, let alone execute it.

He's dreadful in the middle because he can be bypassed so easily and I just couldn't see how he could work as a 10 as he can barely press. Yet he pressed better than he's ever done before, got a great assist that was disallowed, Harrison should have done miles better with the first one, scored a great goal and also had another shot which should have been a corner.

It's a ridiculous come back game tbf and I said in the match thread I thought Dyche was taking the piss bringing him on instead of a forward. It was a great sub and his best performance at Everton, even better than the rs away as he missed an absolute sitter in that game.