2023/24 Andre Gomes

 When he's playing like this...or being allowed to play like this by the opposition he's quite good.
But he shouldn't be allowed in our half as he's a danger, a free kick waiting to happen.

But just remember he's had 2 good games in what? 4 and a half yrs
Both times when he's been in the market for a full time contract or renewal

Just sayin like*

*Maybe Dyche has 'rebuilt' him, maybe Dyche can and will rebuild Dele too - (both have to want to be rebuilt though)
It would be great if it happened

It would also be great (well for me anyway) for Taylor Swift to sit on my face.

How likely is even one of those - let alone all three

Like Meatloaf, I'd think 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Great hair though.
I think Gomes is the more likely chance out of him and Dele. I think this set up benefits Gomes more than it will Dele, and i think Gomes ‘problems’ are easier to fix than Dele’s. Swerve Taylor Swift though Degsy, she has a habit of blerting when she squirms, and my god that girl must drink brown-bitter because they smell rank!

I think Gomes is the more likely chance out of him and Dele. I think this set up benefits Gomes more than it will Dele, and i think Gomes ‘problems’ are easier to fix than Dele’s. Swerve Taylor Swift though Degsy, she has a habit of blerting when she squirms, and my god that girl must drink brown-bitter because they smell rank!
Dele loan conditions make it difficult.

He was great, best player on the pitch.

He looked like the Andre Gomes from the Origi derby and heres hope he can keep it up. I dont want to see the Gomes from the Villa match 1 year later, again.
Spot on. Never thought I’d see that Gomes again. Hell, I never thought I’d see him pull the shirt on again.

If we can find a role for him in the #10 where he has far less defensive responsibility then he could well be a useful player for us. Would love it to happen. If he did become an asset again though, he’d have to take a decent pay cut should we want to sign him again.

Spot on. Never thought I’d see that Gomes again. Hell, I never thought I’d see him pull the shirt on again.

If we can find a role for him in the #10 where he has far less defensive responsibility then he could well be a useful player for us. Would love it to happen. If he did become an asset again though, he’d have to take a decent pay cut should we want to sign him again.
He surprised me, Gomes, very good today and I hope he has a few more games like that before we say terrah to him at the end of the season, a new contract, come on he’s had £M’s off Everton while producing next to nothing. One good game, yes, he owes us plenty more of them. Not taking anything away from this ONE game though.

Did think in the summer he could be what dyche used defour for at Burnley for us....shame he's been injured all season as can think of quite a few games where having him as an option on the bench would have been huge
Was great last night

To be honest I remember he played exactly the same way against Arsenal at the Emirates a few years back. Came on and dominated the game and ran the show.
Went back to his normal self in games afterwards.
Hope with the fact he seems leaner we can get more out of him consistently before he leaves at the end of the season

Always liked Gomes, he has all the technical qualities to be a top top player… always has had. It’s up to him now to work hard and want to maintain a consistent level of performance. He’s the type of player who when playing well can set the pattern of the game and has the ability to know when to speed the game up or slow it down… we don’t have another player at the club with the same ability in my opinion. He has his flaws which are clear for all to see but if he can stay fit I think the positives he could bring far outweigh the negatives.

The ball to put Harrison clean through was absolutely ridiculous.

There's no one else in the squad who can see it, let alone execute it.

This.

If you didn’t see the game, his passing out of the 10 was otherworldly with the vision of the pitch. He reminded me of James, the way he would loft a ball across the pitch and between defenders, switching the flow of attack and hitting his target man in stride. It wasn’t just the accuracy that was remarkable, it was the idea of the pass in the first place, you’d be like “whaaa?” when he hit it and suddenly it’s on the foot of Harrison or McNeil in open space on the other side of the park and an odd man advantage.

No one in the current squad sees those let alone attempts them. Doucore knits things together with an insane work rate, it’s apples and oranges.

For someone who has been out all season, came on without a proper warm up, is 6 months behind the rest in learning the Dyche-isms, that was a rediculous performance. When he plays like that it’s clear the qualities he has can outweigh his shortcomings in the right setup and if the stars align. A bit sad really. Probably best seen as what could have been, rather than entertaining thoughts of what could be in the future.

Encouraging for this season that he is at least an option given the state of the squad.