2023/24 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The player you would pick first for five-a-sides in training, his quality and ball retention is obvious most of the time. He looked physically much better than I’d seen him before as well. A big cameo yesterday and a big way in how we played so I want him to be this Andre who looks much better further away from our goal, we’ve been burnt before though. I’m hoping Dyche has unlocked something.
Well played, you hirsute adonis

While it's important that we do not get carried away in which may end up being just a splendid cameo performance, we can all hope that he returns to form.

The more quality performers in the squad, the better. There'll be those who'll continue to write him off by default, but I think most will hope this can spur him on.

He previously struggled with the pace and physicality of the league, so if Dyche can protect him with people near him then hopefully he can help our creativity.

Let's be clear, he isn't a defensive midfielder!

His technique and quality on the ball are undeniable.

What has been in doubt is his physicality, fitness and suitability to play in the PL.

If Dyche can find a way to get the best out of him ( and yes as a 10 in the absence of Doucoure it makes sense ) then great because with the paucity of our squad we need every player who can contribute.

He surprised me, Gomes, very good today and I hope he has a few more games like that before we say terrah to him at the end of the season, a new contract, come on he’s had £M’s off Everton while producing next to nothing. One good game, yes, he owes us plenty more of them. Not taking anything away from this ONE game though.
Give him 1 yr with a 1 yr option on a sensible wage

Extend if possible as long as his injuries are behind him and he is prepare to work hard. He is a class act.

I don't think injuries will ever be behind him. He's always been the type of player who every 3-4 games gets a niggle and misses a match or 2. Don't think he's ever had a long run of being available for 10-12+ games on the spin.

Let's hope he can continue to make an impact like yesterday until the end of the season and then probably part ways and get his huge wage off the books.

I don't think injuries will ever be behind him. He's always been the type of player who every 3-4 games gets a niggle and misses a match or 2. Don't think he's ever had a long run of being available for 10-12+ games on the spin.

Let's hope he can continue to make an impact like yesterday until the end of the season and then probably part ways and get his huge wage off the books.
It depends...look at dcl. He has had more injuries problems than gomes in the last 2 seasons. It seems that for the first time in many years we have a competent medical and science department

Contract extension talk after 1 game. I’ve seen this movie before.
Same here...but for the first time in many many years things are changing at the football club. Dyche and his team have been exceptional sorting out the mess left over by previous managers/dof. If the think new contract should be offered then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back