2023/24 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
More effort in that video than some of his performances.

Thanks for bossing the kopites that one time at Anfield.
Don't think that's fair on him really. Was never really suited to the league but the injury killed any chance he had of adapting to it. I'd never question his effort at all, he's just too slow, physically it's visible but he seemed to spend a second too long on the ball consistently, that's just a mental thing. He'd genuinely still probably look great in Italy (he looks great anywhere but I mean as a player), would suit him and his style, can probably still be a player that plays European football every year.

What a brilliant and classy video. I often read disrespectful posts about players and this is a reminder that the majority of them really do care even if they don’t always perform like we or they would like.

Important to be empathetic how difficult it is to be a professional football player I think.

He worked exceptionally hard and showed tremendous courage to come back from that horrific injury so quickly.

Thank you for your service Andre.

Hard to know if they're ever sincere. #5m a year my family would be grateful but all the players say the same. I guess we backed him after his injury. Just wish he'd repaid our faith somehow. Pretty sure Dele Ali gonna say the same

Always seems like such a top top bloke and pro. Can see he genuinely loved his time at the club, I wish him all the best.
It's really sad what the fanbase has to say about him. He was NEVER fast but he COULD control the ball and had a good eye for a forward pass. The leg break was awful because it took away what little pace he had about him. Never the same after. But just the vitriol said about him really was sad. He's always been a lovely bloke away from the pitch from what literally every single person has said about him. You CAN separate your feelings about him as a player and remember the good times, as there were a LOT of good times with Andre Gomes.

Best of luck for him and his family, I'll always think of his stay here fondly and a bit bittersweet.

It's really sad what the fanbase has to say about him. He was NEVER fast but he COULD control the ball and had a good eye for a forward pass. The leg break was awful because it took away what little pace he had about him. Never the same after. But just the vitriol said about him really was sad. He's always been a lovely bloke away from the pitch from what literally every single person has said about him. You CAN separate your feelings about him as a player and remember the good times, as there were a LOT of good times with Andre Gomes.

Best of luck for him and his family, I'll always think of his stay here fondly and a bit bittersweet.
Nah, the criticism was warranted - he had a spell where he could barely even control a ball.

Lovely bloke and all, but it's the same with Coleman currently where we erase everything bad because they're top bloos, not having it

That said, great gesture and best of luck to him going forward.

There weren’t a lot of good times there’s no point pretending there were. It’s not his fault I don’t blame him for a lack of effort or anything but he didn’t play well for us very often it’s just a fact. Most people liked him but he was getting paid 100 grand a week and sometimes looked like he was hardly worth that in a transfer fee. He seemed like a nice guy and I’m sure he was doing his best but were football fans we care about what happens on the pitch of course he’s going to get some stick when he’s one of our best paid players and we’re in a relegation fight every year!

Why would a leg break take away pace? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back