Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead in the water according to even jarger itk echo bells
Its been dead in the water ever since The Esk made up that song yesterday. As soon as i came across that post i slumped back in my chair. The only reason why the thread is open is because Woolly has admitted he loves nothing more than to see organised fume, especially when its about a subject that was nothing more than bollocks from the start.

Like a fiddlers elbow this thread and i've been part of it since page 1.

I have just watched the press conference with RM during my lunch break. My thoughts :
It sounds as if Rodriques does need to apply for a work permit from what I could gather.
Funes Mori hopefully may be later this evening.
The manager was asked about Yarmolenko specifically and he stonewalled by saying he wouldn't talk about any transfer target.
In the past if there was no interest in a player he would say so. Not saying there is , but we cannot say from the press conference that
we are any the wiser.
It was earlier in the press conference he mentioned that some many players linked with Everton were way off target and Yarmolenko had not been mentioned at that stage.

Conclusion : As before we haven't got a clue and this thread is as valid now as it was the day it started.
The manager said three players , we assume that Mori and Rodriques are two and goodness knows who the third is, however I think that Rodriques is not one of the three .

I have just watched the press conference with RM during my lunch break. My thoughts :It sounds as if Rodriques does need to apply for a work permit from what I could gather.
The manager was asked about Yarmolenko specifically and he stonewalled by saying he wouldn't talk about any transfer target.
In the past if there was no interest in a player he would say so. Not saying there is , but we cannot say from the press conference that
we are any the wiser.

It was earlier in the press conference he mentioned that some many players linked with Everton were way off target and Yarmolenko had not been mentioned at that stage.

Conclusion : As before we haven't got a clue and this thread is as valid now as it was the day it started.
The manager said three players , we assume that Mori and Rodriques are two and goodness knows who the third is, however I think that Rodriques is not one of the three .
Back channels will remain opened no doubt, and rightly so. But I sincerely hope Roberto has put that to one side and negotiating elsewhere with other creative players and their agents,

The three players are this argie cb, Aaron lennon who im sure has been given assurances we would 'try' to get him last day of the window - we will try to loan not buy though, and Yarmolenko who i think Martinez has thrown all his eggs into that one basket, no idea IF we will get him but pretty sure that we will not switch targets - will be him or nothing

I have just watched the press conference with RM during my lunch break. My thoughts :
It sounds as if Rodriques does need to apply for a work permit from what I could gather.
we are any the wiser.

Leandro wont be one of the 3 mate...said he would go straight in with the youngsters.

we are any the wiser.

I just think he doesn't want to jeopardise any dealings we are trying to make...be that Yarmalenko or not. Rightly so too

we are any the wiser.

Agree , he seem to be putting Rodriques in the same category has Holgate, so seems he would join in the U21 initially despite being 22 years old

Lennon and Mori will likely be 2 of the 3, who the number 10 will be , no one has a clue!

Right oh. Here is more just in.

Player can sign for a new club in 6 months, no 12.
Player has outgrown Ukraine league.

Everton have not withdrawn an offer, just dont see any point in negotiating any more.
Ignore any news till Friday, when it is expected owner will make up his mind.
Ignore any relevance to him playing in the friendly.

Not sure if that is good or bad myself.

Last edited:
The three players are this argie cb, Aaron lennon who im sure has been given assurances we would 'try' to get him last day of the window - we will try to loan not buy though, and Yarmolenko who i think Martinez has thrown all his eggs into that one basket, no idea IF we will get him but pretty sure that we will not switch targets - will be him or nothing

Think that's a bit naïve, mate. He's bound to have lots of targets and back ups in case we don't get the main target, that's just how it works. We'll get someone, but whether it's Yarmolenko or not is yet to be seen.

Can the thread be kept open for the rational Evertonians who would like to hear updates on whether or not this is on or off?

Then possibly a different Yarmolenko transfer thread could be created for the hysterical posters on the forum who can bore eachother all day long about how we're going to end up with a favoured midfield of Osman, Naismith, Cleverley, Barry and Kone with Hibbert at right back?

Most Kiev fans want him sold, they love him, but would like the cash.
Everton have not withdrawn an offer, just dont see any point in negotiating any more.

Fingers crossed the chairman comes to his senses.

My issue with Everton isn't the way they're handling this specific transfer, it's that our biggest and most important signing of the window is the one involved in this transfer. It's just so late in the window and so risky for us. If you're not confident of a deal being pushed through, then why not try and sort it or leave it ASAP so we have longer than about 2 days to get our 2nd choice?

Most Kiev fans want him sold, they love him, but would like the cash.

I have no idea what this means. So we have made (what seems to be) a decent offer, and we are just waiting it out to see what their loony chairman says? Is he perhaps waiting for a better offer?

A mix of Everton and an Eastern European country was always going to create something weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back