Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right oh. Here is more just in.

Player can sign for a new club in 6 months, no 12.
Player has outgrown Ukraine league.
Most Kiev fans want him sold, they love him, but would like the cash.
Everton have not withdrawn an offer, just dont see any point in negotiating any more.
Ignore any news till Friday, when it is expected owner will make up his mind.
Ignore any relevance to him playing in the friendly.

Not sure if that is good or bad myself.

Cheers for the info mate
If it is accurate, then our stance is fair enough, pointless discussing further unless the Owner is willing to let go of Yarms.
Friday will give an indication of whether any other club is interested in him, and if not then might come down to the player having to persuade the owner to him go.

Just hope we have enough alternates lined up at advanced enough stages, if the decision on Friday is negative

Everton have not withdrawn an offer, just dont see any point in negotiating any more.

Hi mate, thanks for the info. What is this bit about though? Or is it supposed to say not 12?

Find it odd Martinez doesn't just outright say no when it comes to being questioned about it, surely has to be a reason why, we must be in for him

Back channels will remain opened no doubt, and rightly so. But I sincerely hope Roberto has put that to one side and negotiating elsewhere with other creative players and their agents,

Dave. I would definitely say that Yarmolenko is just one of a few irons in the transfer fire.
However, I would say that was probably always the case. I doubt that RM would ever have been so innocent as to think this deal was 100% sure and as we have already seen nobody has a clue who the other targets are.

I do think as well that some money has been set aside for Aaron Lennon and if Spurs play ball it could happen but only at a price.
It could be a repeat of the Cleverley situation. I would like back in the squad, he brought a lot of pace and industry. We were better with him than without.

.. makes sense to me.

Do we know is any other clubs are still seriously considering Yarmolenko ? This may be the only fly in the ointment re: our ambitions.

Hi mate, thanks for the info. What is this bit about though? Or is it supposed to say not 12?

Does it make a difference to us anyway?

If he's going on a bosman we have no chance, as other clubs will be able to offer better wages/signing on fees. We have a chance now because we seemingly have the cash to buy him, but we can't break our wage structure.

Dave. I would definitely say that Yarmolenko is just one of a few irons in the transfer fire.
However, I would say that was probably always the case. I doubt that RM would ever have been so innocent as to think this deal was 100% sure and as we have already seen nobody has a clue who the other targets are.

I do think as well that some money has been set aside for Aaron Lennon and if Spurs play ball it could happen but only at a price.
It could be a repeat of the Cleverley situation. I would like back in the squad, he brought a lot of pace and industry. We were better with him than without.

he is .. only the fire is more embers than Hunter Harrier

.. makes sense to me.

Do we know is any other clubs are still seriously considering Yarmolenko ? This may be the only fly in the ointment re: our ambitions.

There was whisperings of Roma being interested, and maybe they are looking to shift that Iturbe guy (maybe to us!) so they can fund a deal for Yarmolenko!

Mate another thing, this Barca supposed interest is as see through as our interest in that Brazilian womble, Kiev must know about MArtinez having a very close relationship with Barca etc and must know he would be aware if their is any actual interest in the player.

it's basically Kiev telling Everton we know your bluffing and we can do that too.

All your points make sense, and i may be in a minority here but think we have to stick this one through as we will get him if we keep our nerve.

Sounds also like Everton actually either met what the Kiev owner asked or have offered something at least which is more than fair to offset certain things he wanted in terms of addons. Fact that it's not been rejected lends credence to that line of thinking IMO.

Honestly think this is one of those times when Martinez's stubbornness could be of great benefit, he's gotten targets in the past none of us thought likely, Deulefeu and Lukaku both permanently when none thought we had a prayer just by being determined to get them in the end and pushing the moves through, think we could actually see something like that happening again.

I agree 100% regarding Lennon.

The playmaker saga: I see this as a real red line. If this window slams shut without a proper creative player coming in I would see that as the ringing of huge alarm bells. The manager has underlined umpteen times it's a type we need; if that fails to happen I believe there's major turmoil ahead.

There was whisperings of Roma being interested, and maybe they are looking to shift that Iturbe guy (maybe to us!) so they can fund a deal for Yarmolenko!

No chance mate, Roma couldn't afford to buy Dzeko hence paying for him next year and paying nothing this one. Besides some jarg paper rumours as well everything out of Roma says their not looking at moving him on at all

.. makes sense to me.

It's well known, as much as we hate it, Stoke are still in for him. But it's on the record he won't go there from their Chairman/president so it seems we still look in pole position.

However I have a feeling he's looking for a better buyer and if Spurs let Lamela go then Yarmolenko could become a viable option for them and they have Europe which could swing a decision.

Going to be a long week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back