Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, renewed optimism here.

I think it's exactly as @roydo detailed.

Think we'll sign him Friday/Saturday. If I were Everton and this is the case, I'd have put a deadline on the offer until Friday and be actively looking at others right now too.

My money is on him signing on the dotted line Friday night, but we should know one way or the other by Thursday as I think we'd have to apply for a work permit for him by then.

Mate think you may be the only person who actually wants him even more than i do, let's hope eh!

Mate think you may be the only person who actually wants him even more than i do, let's hope eh!

Because he's the one player in world football who could foreseeably take us on to another level that isn't utterly ridiculous in terms of it being a possibility.

He's also the one who I think will do a job in England, and also the one who will annoy me for the next 10 years when he goes on to be world class, like Hazard who we apparently could have signed at one point.

Because he's the one player in world football who could foreseeably take us on to another level that isn't utterly ridiculous in terms of it being a possibility.

He's also the one who I think will do a job in England, and also the one who will annoy me for the next 10 years when he goes on to be world class, like Hazard who we apparently could have signed at one point.
I hope Kenwright understands this.

Yarmolenko is the kind of player that we don't get a chance to sign very often. Obviously it wouldn't be great for our season and it might not be something Yarmolenko would actually want but if we can't afford it for whatever reason then I think we should consider something like this.

We certainly won't get him on a free or even in January.
I've only just now realized that he's out of a contract next summer. If they expect to get more than 15 million for a player who can walk away for free next season, they're absolutely kidding themselves.

But what the hell... doesn't he have a buyout clause for 20 million euros? That's what I've read in many press releases... if he does than there is nothing to negotiate with the club, they must oblige to the purchaser and we only have to reach an agreement with the player himself.

The salute!!!
images

Depends on injuries and desperation.

If United went and had a proper bad result this weekend and Mata got crocked, they'd be looking for someone in and Yarmolenko would be high on the bill of "possibly great players, bit of a risk but not a bad price tag" options.

See what your saying, but for some reason I just couldn't see clubs of the ilk of Man U paying the money it would take to get Yarmolenko whilst he hasn't got long left on his contract.

Also, there must be plenty of big clubs out there with injury problems who could do with Yarmolenko, but for some reason they're not queuing up to buy him.

But what the hell... doesn't he have a buyout clause for 20 million euros? That's what I've read in many press releases... if he does than there is nothing to negotiate with the club, they must oblige to the purchaser and we only have to reach an agreement with the player himself.

By all accounts it's an info clause, not a buyout clause. So they have to tell him about the bid but don't have to accept it.

I hope we sign him... and he turns out to be pants.. but the two other guys being dismissed as useless signings, turn out to be utterly boss world class players.. Just for the sheer vaulting potential for anyone who could be bothered.

If he really is a 'next level' player, why isn't a team in Europe signing him?

You could say that about countless players we and other clubs have signed over the years who have gone on to be brilliant. It isn't that black and white.

Echoes my own thinking really, wife's getting super annoyed with the amount of time spent obsessing over this already and at least 3-4 more days to go... doesn't help he's Ukranian either keep having to tell her that he was born in Russia to appease her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back