Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have absolutely no chance on earth of signing him on a free then the answers obvious
So whys he willing to come to us now?

If we want him to sign for us, yes.
But for a club of limited resources it's not a great idea.

He's free next summer.
Not according to Roy's secret agent

Wisdom seldom comes into football..just looking at average footballers wages proves that. However, the effect the player could have on the club/team may make it more sensible than wise
But if we used the money to buy a different player we may end up getting him later for nothing and we'd have two good players that way for the same price.

Absolutely, He's quality and we could kick on with a player of his talent dictating our pace.

Plus we'd get him and not have to rely on him choosing us over a number of other clubs.
How well he fits into the league is yet to be found out, there's not a great history of success from that area of the world doing it in this league. Like every transfer its a gamble, only getting him for nothing in 6 months is a better gamble.

We dont have a shot if he goes on a bosman
People said the same about Lukaku last summer

Probably not, Doug.....but it would be absolute madness for the selling club to reject the bid and hang on to him if he is willing to move right now :)
But oddly it does look like they're prepared to do that.

If he really is a 'next level' player, why isn't a team in Europe signing him?
That's a great question. I suspect they don't want to have another Liverpool and Konoplaynka situation on their hands however if someone like us does the ground work they may well swoop in at the last minute if it suits them.

So whys he willing to come to us now?
He just wants to get out of there.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9933439/Yarmolenko-upset-by-blocked-Stoke-move

"It would be interesting to play in the English Premier League, it's a step forward for me.

"Of course I want to play for a bigger club than Stoke City, but I pondered the pros and cons.

"There are some drawbacks, but it's still England where 50,000 people are in the stadiums every week, not 5,000. It would be nice to play again in two weeks against Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal."

Normally I would say no, but he is the right age and has a very good pedigree, has performed well at european and international standard and plays in a position in which we need reinforcements. I'm actually surprised that more teams aren't in for him, and whilst it would be great to get him for £6m or £8m I don't think we'd be wise to hold out for a lower fee - someone with a more flexible wage structure would be likely to swoop.

There's a big difference for a club like us between £15m and £8-6m, it is odd that we're the only team linked with this lad if he's so fantastic, so cheap and so available.

What difference does that make to us if we don't get him in 6 months?
If we don't get him we'll get somebody else, this way we may end up with two new players.

There's a big difference for a club like us between £15m and £8-6m, it is odd that we're the only team linked with this lad if he's so fantastic, so cheap and so available.

If we don't get him we'll get somebody else, this way we may end up with two new players.
Unfortunately that someone else is like comparing missing out on Hazard and getting McGeady and Naismith. But sure ultimately it comes down to how good you think the player is. You are obviously not convinced.

Unfortunately that someone else is like comparing missing out on Hazard and getting McGeady and Naismith. But sure ultimately it comes down to how good you think the player is. You are obviously not convinced.

I've not questioned his ability, I asked whether a club in our position should be spending £15m on a player who's available for nothing in a few months.

Last edited:
I've not questioned his ability, I asked whether a club in our position should be spending £15m on a player who available for nothing in a few months.
Not to us. The only reason he wants to come here is because we might be able to offer him an escape route now.

Frankly I think we have already messed up by leaking the information. Now everyone is watching this situation and even if the Kiev owner agrees someone will swoop in. We needed to do this one quietly but some tit obviously felt the need to leak it due to the bad press over the plane.

The club is run by a bunch of muppets. But sure we knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back