Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been said before but this whole thing has the signature of Everton typical transfer all over it. I really.hope we do sign him, I reckon he will be a massive player for us against the top 4.

Agreed, for too long we've always "gave them a good game" without actually hurting them. I want players like when the RS had Torres, who the bigger teams will hate playing against. Not to play well for 89 minutes, not score and then concede. Cue patronising praise from Ferguson/Wenger/Mourinho.

Agreed, for too long we've always "gave them a good game" without actually hurting them. I want players like when the RS had Torres, who the bigger teams will hate playing against. Not to play well for 89 minutes, not score and then concede. Cue patronising praise from Ferguson/Wenger/Mourinho.

Put into context, I don't think we've pulled a transfer like this off since... what, Kanchelskis?

I mean even the likes of Lukaku was an unwanted player and we had him on loan first, so people could see it coming a bit. Can't think of any well-known, probably ace player we've pulled off since Andrei. I can count about fifty we haven't - Arshavin, Hazard, Shearer, Ravenelli, Moutinho, Riquelme etc.

Put into context, I don't think we've pulled a transfer like this off since... what, Kanchelskis?

I mean even the likes of Lukaku was an unwanted player and we had him on loan first, so people could see it coming a bit. Can't think of any well-known, probably ace player we've pulled off since Andrei. I can count about fifty we haven't - Arshavin, Hazard, Shearer, Ravenelli, Moutinho, Riquelme etc.
Lukaku definitely fits in that bracket imho - not many thought we'd manage to find nearly £30m to actually make that deal happen

I did - Fellaini money etc.

It was more the uncertainty with Wolfsburg at the time.
Well done, but I think you were in the minority mate.

We SHOULD have been able to find the money no problem, but i think a great number simply couldn't see us doubling our previous transfer record.

And then this further down " Everton are saying the deal has not been agreed we're told the two clubs have made contact about the deal."

So how is that close?
th
We rang them

Well done, but I think you were in the minority mate.

We SHOULD have been able to find the money no problem, but i think a great number simply couldn't see us doubling our previous transfer record.

Fair enough.

It's like with Yarmolenko - I'm not surprised at all that we've got the money (fully expect us to have £20m spare regardless of sales at the moment). I'm more surprised at the status of the player when set against the relatively low fee. I'd have expected a good ten or so clubs to be in for him, as he's a bit of a no brainer for around £15m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back