Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way to not sound like a bad hipsterish tit, but I have seen this lad for a few years and always thought he's boss. (Him and Konoplyanka for Ukraine in the euros were class). Yarmolenko has the build to suit english football too.

I will spaff all over if we get this lad. Then pretend I never liked him when we sell him to fenerbache in 18 months.

I think people have misunderstood me. With all of our attacking talent of course we should be able to break down defensive teams, but how exactly will Bobby go about it?

What we think we should do is rarely what Bobby actually does. I'm just wondering what his plan might be.

He seems to favour the slow steady probing approach and I can't imagine that'll change at home. As the game goes on (usually at 1-0 down) we pass it a bit quicker. This time I suspect we'll actually have the players to play it. Yarmo likely on the right cutting in, Barkley will stay attacking mid I think.

Lot of the problem with Barkley last year was he was so isolated. He was easy to defend against because they knew 9/10 he didn't have a pass on. This season with Cleverley running about like a dog on heat and with two quality players on the flanks he should be able to create half a yard more often.

I still think we will add Lennon, either now or in January on a free.
hope so. although if this transfer doesnt go through and we sign him then would worry about fans reaction to him. definitely think players can be offloaded to get this one done, Lennon and neat little unfussy player who can hold the ball in front of their defence.

I hope if we do sign this lad he's as good as people are making out. Looked decent enough when he played us and scored a cracking goal.

But you tend to get a lot of hype about some players from the Footy Manager brigade. I reckon that Shaqiri will be a flop at Stoke.

I hope if we do sign this lad he's as good as people are making out. Looked decent enough when he played us and scored a cracking goal.

But you tend to get a lot of hype about some players from the Footy Manager brigade. I reckon that Shaqiri will be a flop at Stoke.

Yarmolenko isn't someone where you have to have played Football Manager to know about... Plenty of people have seen him and are allowed to have an opinion. Reason why he's so highly rated and why we appear to be willing to pay £15m for someone with 1 year left.

He seems to favour the slow steady probing approach and I can't imagine that'll change at home. As the game goes on (usually at 1-0 down) we pass it a bit quicker. This time I suspect we'll actually have the players to play it. Yarmo likely on the right cutting in, Barkley will stay attacking mid I think.

Lot of the problem with Barkley last year was he was so isolated. He was easy to defend against because they knew 9/10 he didn't have a pass on. This season with Cleverley running about like a dog on heat and with two quality players on the flanks he should be able to create half a yard more often.

True, although Yarmolenko seems to be a high tempo player, very direct and always looking to move the ball forward. Maybe it's the ponderous approach Martinez is looking to change a bit with this signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back