Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzing off the Yarmolenko thread on the Stoke forum. They seem pretty confident that nothing has been agreed with Everton, nothing is happening and that he is on his way to Stoke.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/232863/yarmolenko?page=135

only 1 person tbh.

i admire stoke's ambition last couple of years, it must be said. when you see liverpool have spent about £200m or whatever it is in the last couple of windows, they haven't bought any players with as big a name as players like shaqiri, affelay and at a push bojan. let a couple of really important players go this summer though, but targeting players like the two ukranians.

obviously the league's money helps, but you don't get if you don't ask. i can't see them having all 3 above as well as yarmolenko though, one would have to be on the bench ... would be a bit weird to see when you look at the rest of the players in the starting XI.

the shouts on their forum from some that they're bigger than us are laughable though - good to see a couple put them down.

Play our midfield something like
.......Barry
Barkley McCarthy

And just advance the two wingers we have, say Yarmolenko and Mirallas. Have them cutting in or doing whatever they want with our full backs bombing on and I don't think we desperately need this elusive 'number 10 playmaker' at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back