Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Still a weird one that for me. BM, Inter, then Stoke. In a few months, with no other sides in for him. He even knocked Stoke back at first, waited for a better offer, (Note, not Inter waiting for a bigger fee, ANY club), a better club than Stoke. Stoke. In the whole of the world. Better than Stoke, and zippo came in for him.

It might turn out to be a brilliant deal. But I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt. Not at all.

Anyrate, been nattering with my Kiev mate this afternoon. Seems sure something is moving.

You cannot sign a pre contract with a domestic player 6 months prior to the expiration of his contract but you can with a foreign player.

think thats wrong mate, Ukraine aren't in the EU, so just like your not able to sign a pre contract with a south American you can't with them either, it's why Konoplynka wasn't signed until his contract ran out and why no one has offered Yarmolenko one for next season, Bosman was just about teams in EU countries - Ukraine isn't one of them

I stand to be corrected, but foreign club to domestic club deals in advance of a player arriving are not 'pre-contract' they are legally binding and as such there's no provisional status about them. Domestic to domestic pre-contracts are a more accurate description, because they are provisional and non-binding.

As said, that's my understanding and I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Ukraine isn't covered by the Bosman i don't think mate, it purely applies for EU countries as far as being able to sign them whilst their under the last year of their contracts

Still a weird one that for me. BM, Inter, then Stoke. In a few months, with no other sides in for him. He even knocked Stoke back at first, waited for a better offer, (Note, not Inter waiting for a bigger fee, ANY club), a better club than Stoke. Stoke. In the whole of the world. Better than Stoke, and zippo came in for him.

It might turn out to be a brilliant deal. But I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt. Not at all.

Anyrate, been nattering with my Kiev mate this afternoon. Seems sure something is moving.

think he's top top class myself. but like i've said before, he can do all the good work he wants, but he'll put the ball in there and they'll have someone like diouf messing it up. good job he scores a fair few tbh. typical RS luck to get them out of the way before he signed like.

Seems to me he has a Balotelli style attitude.

Oh, that pre contract gubbins. It was actually discussed as a potential option/avenue in negotiations ages ago, and totally discarded by both clubs, once they got moving on an upfront fee. So I was told.

think he's top top class myself. but like i've said before, he can do all the good work he wants, but he'll put the ball in there and they'll have someone like diouf messing it up. good job he scores a fair few tbh. typical RS luck to get them out of the way before he signed like.

Why I said it could turn out great for them. Just odd the "progress" he has made in a short period of time. Baggage? Maybe. Lets see.

lollollollol

Like that would ever work.

After 6 months of laying false leads slyly linking us with players across the globe as decoys so Stoke/Spurs/West Ham etc can waste their transfer budgets stealing players we don't want off us, to leave us as the only mid-table team with a bit of cash left. You want to turn around now and tell the best option of the lot we don't want him at the moment and could he please wait until Stoke/Spurs/West Ham etc have a new transfer budget supplemented by the largest increase in Sky Money in recent history???

Away and smoke a Van Dijk
Bizarre.

Why I said it could turn out great for them. Just odd the "progress" he has made in a short period of time. Baggage? Maybe. Lets see.

think it's possibly ego orientated, but if his ego was that bad he'd have continued to say no to stoke and been stubborn. personally think he could have waited and got a better club like.

John Stones > Yarmelenko and Austin

I think you have your sign backwards there, <, that's the one you're looking for.

On one side you have a defensive player with lots of growing to do and on the other side you have two players who bang in goals and dish out assists.

I'm taking two goal scorers every day of the week over a center half.

Best case is we sign Yarmolenko, get a striker on loan and keep Stones.

Thats what its going to come down to mate. Stones money used on two or three players. No way this board invests without a sale.
I think selling Stones is a disaster.

Mental ? Just a reslist.

Hardly going to be breaking the bank mate let's be honest. 4.2 mil on Deulofeu, reported 15 mil on Yarmolenko and 6 mil on Funes Mori and maybe this Uruguayan lad. 25.2-26 million is nothing nowadays considering the tv money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back