2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's certainly found a new lease on life here at the old lady. I like that he is so grounded and in that respect he can be a real asset, goes about his work without all the whistles and bells and then when he does something pretty well, he's all smiles. Another player whose game time needs to be managed and that's what Frank did with him today. Can't remember when the last 'freebie' did so well for us, he's got goals in him and goals win games, 'simples' as those little mancunion mere-cats say.

He's certainly found a new lease on life here at the old lady. I like that he is so grounded and in that respect he can be a real asset, goes about his work without all the whistles and bells and then when he does something pretty well, he's all smiles. Another player whose game time needs to be managed and that's what Frank did with him today. Can't remember when the last 'freebie' did so well for us, he's got goals in him and goals win games, 'simples' as those little mancunion mere-cats say.
Gareth Barry wasn’t quite the same as he came on loan first before signing but I didn’t realize his quality or professionalism prior to his signing.

Same thing with Andros, he’s really impressed me. Always gives his all at the very least and he seems a good character to have around.

Gareth Barry wasn’t quite the same as he came on loan first before signing but I didn’t realize his quality or professionalism prior to his signing.

Same thing with Andros, he’s really impressed me. Always gives his all at the very least and he seems a good character to have around.

Great comparison. I hated the loan for Barry. I was so very wrong.

Fabulous goal, yesterday. Reminded me of a typical five-a-side goal: excellent deliberate build-up and then dragging a powerful shot back across the goalkeeper to get him off balance. Superbly executed. He's certainly a scorer of great goals.

As one of only 2 left footers in the squad - I’m not counting Delph- I’m wondering whether he could be our back up left back, especially if Ben Godfrey is laid off for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.