Anil Ambani

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like a moneybags chairman but it's not something that i would want to go over the top.

Just enought to help us bring in around 2 to 3 quality players and i mean quality players like.

I wouldn't want us going over the top like Manchester City. It doesn't really appeal to me, i just feel there ruining Football.

I'd personally like the new owner to clear the debts, run the Football club better and be able to bring in players that the manager wants. Kenwright can't do that.

Id be happy with Debts cleared, New Stadium )wether it be in kirkby or elsewhere, aslong as it was a great stadium), and about a £30-£40 million transfer fund, like Cal i wouldnt want to be like Man City ruining football.

Abromovitch's funding of Chelsea has been via loans from his own privately owned companies secured against the club's assets.

If he ever gets bored and calls them in they'll be left begging for enough sheets of bog paper to qualify for the Izal league.

In his defence it does appear that he actually likes football and has some feeling for the club.

The septics that bought manure and that other team did so because they wanted to make money from the 'brand' not because they supported the team or had any remote interest in football. It was a simple business transaction aimed at making money.

Chances of us finding a Billionaire who understands football, supports the club, and isn't just interested in using it to make more money = minimal.

Maybe the solution isn't selling out to a disinterested billionaire with nothing better to do with his money**, maybe it's time the so called super rich clubs f*cked off to a WWE style European Super league and left the rest of us to get on with the football.

** I have to say that if I was a Russian/Thai/Indian/Arab multi Billionaire I'd be more inclined to use my money to alleviate some of the terrifying poverty in my own country, before playing 'football club owners' in another country thousands of miles away.
True Abu Dhabi doesn't have any poor of it's own, but it was built with the blood of Pakistani/Indian migrant workers earning a pittance working in the most miserable conditions.

Rich people are c*nts. They get rich by being c*nts and they stay rich the same way. That won't change if one of them buys Everton FC.

Well said

I would like a bigger investor that could take us up a notch but by the same respect I want to keep our continuity intact and not chase every mercanary like City is trying to do. Respect is everything but I'm not one to turn away a gift horse. I hope we can all keep this in perspective.

This fella is a clever business man, i think his main interest would be in making money, but he would have to clear all the debts, improve/replace the stadium and improve the squad. So whilst he wouldnt be spending wildy, he would be investing.

I wouldnt have thought he would be along for the entire ride, but i would think he would leave us in a better postion and also make a few bob himself. I think this is the type of person we wish to attract, whilst he wouldnt understand what he was buying into, im sure he would run the club well.

If its true that he is going to be at the Liege game we need to make the hairs on the back of his neck stand up!!!

** I have to say that if I was a Russian/Thai/Indian/Arab multi Billionaire I'd be more inclined to use my money to alleviate some of the terrifying poverty in my own country, before playing 'football club owners' in another country thousands of miles away.
True Abu Dhabi doesn't have any poor of it's own, but it was built with the blood of Pakistani/Indian migrant workers earning a pittance working in the most miserable conditions.

Could be worse, Ambani's brother's building himself a $1bn, 60-storey house.

Ambani Builds A Palace In The Sky - Forbes.com

And as harsh as it may sound, the labour force in the UAE are making many, many more times what they would back home - from the outside it looks like slavery and by Western standards, it's deemed unacceptable, but it's a case of win-win for all involved and perhaps explains their booming economies (Middle-East and the Sub-Continent) whilst we're left reliant on paid-by-the-hour cowboys that aren't supporting huge extended families at home with the comfort of minimum wage, union regulation and if all else fails, the dole.

Abromovitch's funding of Chelsea has been via loans from his own privately owned companies secured against the club's assets.

If he ever gets bored and calls them in they'll be left begging for enough sheets of bog paper to qualify for the Izal league.

In his defence it does appear that he actually likes football and has some feeling for the club.

The septics that bought manure and that other team did so because they wanted to make money from the 'brand' not because they supported the team or had any remote interest in football. It was a simple business transaction aimed at making money.

Chances of us finding a Billionaire who understands football, supports the club, and isn't just interested in using it to make more money = minimal.

Maybe the solution isn't selling out to a disinterested billionaire with nothing better to do with his money**, maybe it's time the so called super rich clubs f*cked off to a WWE style European Super league and left the rest of us to get on with the football.

Rich people are c*nts. They get rich by being c*nts and they stay rich the same way. That won't change if one of them buys Everton FC.

You are absolutely spot on. These people who have massive wealth are, by and large, bastards of the first order, with atrocious records of exploitation and outstanding human rights issues. However, we are on this forum to discuss football matters and, whilst it'd be great to get back to the period when the local butcher, baker, candlestick-maker chipped in to secure our clubs financially in return for the kudos of local fame and notoriety, you can't disinvent the wheel. This age of extravagance is upon us. We either hold our noses and go with the flow, or we sink (ever so honourably) to the bottom of the river.

You are absolutely spot on. These people who have massive wealth are, by and large, bastards of the first order, with atrocious records of exploitation and outstanding human rights issues. However, we are on this forum to discuss football matters and, whilst it'd be great to get back to the period when the local butcher, baker, candlestick-maker chipped in to secure our clubs financially in return for the kudos of local fame and notoriety, you can't disinvent the wheel. This age of extravagance is upon us. We either hold our noses and go with the flow, or we sink (ever so honourably) to the bottom of the river.

Dave, you're making a fundamental flaw in logic. The assumption that each billionaire is equally evil is a fallacy. Billionaires come in all shape and sizes. It is no doubt true that men who make such huge sums of money probably stepped on a number of toes to get there. But they're not all the same so please stop claiming they're all birds of a feather. I already pointed out that there is a difference in character between Lerner and Thaskin. Will you please acknowledge this fact?

Very true, there are some really poor people who are the epitomy of evil, it is the same in all walks of life.

As for Amil (first name terms already) a little investment of a few hundred mill would be welcome.

Dave, you're making a fundamental flaw in logic. The assumption that each billionaire is equally evil is a fallacy. Billionaires come in all shape and sizes. It is no doubt true that men who make such huge sums of money probably stepped on a number of toes to get there. But they're not all the same so please stop claiming they're all birds of a feather. I already pointed out that there is a difference in character between Lerner and Thaskin. Will you please acknowledge this fact?

I'm happy to acknowledge that Thaksin was a tin pot dictator and Lerner isn't...and in fact has a great 'charidee' record etc etc. But the point is that Lerner exploited to get where he is too. He comes from a banking background and inherited his dad's company, and that company would have been built upon exploiting wage labour somewhere along the line: either directly or indirectly.

As I say, though, I understand the ethical concerns of others on the forum, but we're here to debate and discuss our football club on this forum and it just so happens that the industry it is in is going through an era when oligarchs and plutocrats have it by the scruff of the neck. You either accept that or take up needlepoint.

He comes from a banking background and inherited his dad's company, and that company would have been built upon exploiting wage labour somewhere along the line: either directly or indirectly.

Yea the banking world is known for paying [Poor language removed] wages, i know lots of Bankers that have to scrape by on less that £200,000 a year.

Yea the banking world is known for paying [Poor language removed] wages, i know lots of Bankers that have to scrape by on less that £200,000 a year.
How much do clerks and tellers get? How expliotative are banks when they foreclose on someone's home? How ethical are they when they come to choosing where to invest other people's money in murderous regimes?

How much do clerks and tellers get? How expliotative are banks when they foreclose on someone's home? How ethical are they when they come to choosing where to invest other people's money in murderous regimes?

Clerks and tellers get an above average wage, you take a loan, you dont repay, you lose your home, they are a business, not a charity. Death is were the money is, its the way of the world.

Clerks and tellers get an above average wage, you take a loan, you dont repay, you lose your home, they are a business, not a charity. Death is were the money is, its the way of the world.

That's what I said - they may not be hacking people's heads off with machetes and declaring martial law, but they exploit people. There is no 'clean' wealth, just varying levels of filthyness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back