Annual Paid Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy's Bottle Of Grecian

The Unobstructed View
How much do folks get ?

job i'm being offered is 20 days + bank hols, which is the 5.6 minimum that employers have to give, another that I've applied for is 25 days + 8 bank hols which is what I've had in most of my jobs tbh.

do most companies just give the minimum or do most get the 25 + bank hols ?

in England 25 days plus bank holiday is the standard IMO, any less and you wonder what sort of employer they might be if they are being tight on this issue. Any more than 25 and happy days. My work offer for employees to 'buy' an extra week and so we can have 30 days but it costs us a weeks pay which is paid over the whole year

At most places you get additional holidays the longer you have been there, although that's not a good reason to work anywhere in and of itself. I get 30 days + bank hols in my current job, which I'm perfectly happy with. Truth is that I'm one of these people who tend to work most of the time and think about holiday later, so end up taking most of it towards the end of the year.

23 a year plus bank holidays. Up from 21 as I’ve been with the company two years. We usually get ‘gift days’ during the Christmas shut down which bumps it up to 25/26.

Apparently the average in the US is 10 a year. Completely put me off ever working over there.

23 a year plus bank holidays. Up from 21 as I’ve been with the company two years. We usually get ‘gift days’ during the Christmas shut down which bumps it up to 25/26.

Apparently the average in the US is 10 a year. Completely put me off ever working over there.
They don't have any entitlement for annual leave (see link above.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back