Annual Paid Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
my place starts with 24 + bank holidays, and after you have been here 2 years it goes to 25, and each year after that is 1 more until you hit 30 days, im on 28 currently, not too bad

30 + Bank Hols as I've been there a loooong time. Was 4 weeks plus BH when I started.

Trouble is that booking them is near impossible due to understaffing and we've had people made to jump through hoops to get days off even for funerals and in a couple of cases their own wedding! Last time I tried booking a day off I gave 9 months notice for one day and was told it couldn't be done!

They don't have any entitlement for annual leave (see link above.)
The US system seems to have absolutely zero accommodation for humanity. Employees are simply drones to serve the wealth of the employer. It is a mentality the Tories aspire to.

I for one have always planned and acted that work serves my needs. If it starts treading over my own desires and dreams in my transient, once only existence on the planet, then jib it off.

Life is for living, not helping another human become disproportionately more wealthy than you.

in England 25 days plus bank holiday is the standard IMO, any less and you wonder what sort of employer they might be if they are being tight on this issue. Any more than 25 and happy days. My work offer for employees to 'buy' an extra week and so we can have 30 days but it costs us a weeks pay which is paid over the whole year

Exactly my thoughts & the scenario you speak of is what I see as what everyone should be getting with that option available.

you've quoted myself in reply to myself mate

my place starts with 24 + bank holidays, and after you have been here 2 years it goes to 25, and each year after that is 1 more until you hit 30 days, im on 28 currently, not too bad

again, what should be the norm.

Unions are all trotsky trouble causers though for fighting for those things for workers.

How’s that work?
So each lawyer has to bring in 150,000 pounds of fees. Anything after that, they get a cut of.

So it doesn't matter how many holidays people take, provided at the end of the financial year they have that 150k

So it's each person's preference- take loads of holidays or take none and bill loads for a bonus.

The bog standard 25, plus bank holidays.

Also have flexi here which is handy if you need an emergency day off and don't want to eat into your leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back