Annual Paid Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contractor here. What's this paid leave you speak of? I kind of dimly remember it from being a staff employee several years ago.

Give it another 5-10 years and that'll be a thing of the past too. The actual difference between staff and contractor when all the benefits are taken into account aren't so huge nowadays. In typical Everton fashion, I started contracting just as the good times were coming to an end.

yeah I did a few years contracting - I rode the train until the wheels came off.

Just booked my annual week off.

Will cost me a few bob ffs. But someone has to do the garden and service the car.

Didn't they have holiday savings as well as days/hours or something as well in oz ? meaning you got more than your normal wage when on holiday ? something to do with overtime as well

Im not sure. In the film industry we do get ‘holiday pay’ at the end of a job now im thinking about it. Say you do a three month gig you’ll get a weeks holiday pay the week following your last pay. Looking at the last one I got it looks less that your usual weekly. I’d put this down to it being the contracted base rate, with holiday pay not including your vehicle and equipment allowances.

There was an issue a couple of years ago when channel 7 would include holiday pay in your weekly pay packet, apparently, but they stopped it as the union stepped in.

in England 25 days plus bank holiday is the standard IMO, any less and you wonder what sort of employer they might be if they are being tight on this issue. Any more than 25 and happy days. My work offer for employees to 'buy' an extra week and so we can have 30 days but it costs us a weeks pay which is paid over the whole year
How much do folks get ?

job i'm being offered is 20 days + bank hols, which is the 5.6 minimum that employers have to give, another that I've applied for is 25 days + 8 bank hols which is what I've had in most of my jobs tbh.

do most companies just give the minimum or do most get the 25 + bank hols ?
Although it is not quite that simple it is a fact that our european competitors have far more generous holidays and are more productive per head than we are. We still stick to the systems that worked in the industrial revolution. A retarded nation seeking to go even further back with Jacob Rees Mogg. Despair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back