2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idk why we’re making excuses here. He was average at best. It’s clear why he isn’t being picked. Wasn’t awful, but not being awful isn’t the bar. Didn’t do enough with his chance and will likely be dropped as a result. Still got a bright future but for now he doesn’t play much because he isn’t there yet. Bernard was a massive improvement on him today.
Bernard was better today in one half than Richarlison has been all season, yet Richarlison seems undroppable to loads of people on here. It baffles me. Anyone care to list a match this season where richy was better than Gordon today? I can't think of one.

Bernard was better today in one half than Richarlison has been all season, yet Richarlison seems undroppable to loads of people on here. It baffles me. Anyone care to list a match this season where richy was better than Gordon today? I can't think of one.
Our first 4 matches

Not a great situation for an attacking player. We are bad going forward altogether right now and it isn't surprising that he couldn't come in and fix it all on his own. Also is barely playing so no chance he's match fit.

I just wish it were possible to have some faith. I've no doubt his last start of the year now will be Rotherham, if we didn't just watch it, and that's a real shame because it isn't like he's harming the side by being out there and honestly other first team regulars I can't say that about.

If you think that was a strong performance by any of our attacking players the standard is too low. I do think some responsibility can be taken off of them because the build up play was lacking, but they didn't do enough.

Inappropriate Language
He was dire. We were playing the worst team in the league and he wouldn’t even get a game for them.
He was utter dog wank wank mate.. My Mr's & my lad got all excited cos he was playing (the cup game he played I was on a late)
... In my opinion he is far from ready & not really even close to what we need now!! Bernard offered more & he is [Poor language removed]!!

Don't be harsh on him tonight people, it wasn't the right sort of game for him considering the weather and their rough-house tactics. He should take the 50-odd minutes he got in the bank and be happy with the experience.

Needs to bulk up but that will happen in time I'm sure. I think over the rest of the season he's only likely to get little cameos here and there, next year we might see him proper. If we had more numbers I'm sure we'd send him on loan until the summer, looks like he could do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back