Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that approach has been on our radar.

Moshiri wanted to shortcut success by buying established players in their late 20s - and that failed catastrophically.

I'd argue that until recently, many Evertonians weren't in favour of the economic model of buying young and selling players on in their prime, either. That was an approach for lesser clubs.

Hopefully that's now changing. We need to be realistic about where we are, and the route up the table involves profitably selling our best players and reinvesting in emerging talent.
It does like an RB Leipzig model. It’s the only way for us. We are in a league where any player we bring in who is successful is immediately worth a fortune.

What do we reckon then, if he doesn't start today do we reckon it's defo happening?

I would say so. Can't see Lampard wanting to drop him or Gray as ideally you'd think tonight a good opportunity for them to grab some goals/assists and build some confidence after the 3 previous games in which we've been somewhat unlucky.

I don't think that approach has been on our radar.

Moshiri wanted to shortcut success by buying established players in their late 20s - and that failed catastrophically.

I'd argue that until recently, many Evertonians weren't in favour of the economic model of buying young and selling players on in their prime, either. That was an approach for lesser clubs.

Hopefully that's now changing. We need to be realistic about where we are, and the route up the table involves profitably selling our best players and reinvesting in emerging talent.
I think there were legitimate reasons why fans didn't really want that approach to be fair. We spent a long time hanging on to the coat tails of the top sides and it often felt like we were just one or two players away from breaking into the top 4, so losing our best players never seemed like a good strategy. Things have changed now and we're a million miles away from the top sides, so it makes much more sense to follow that model.

I think there were legitimate reasons why fans didn't really want that approach to be fair. We spent a long time hanging on to the coat tails of the top sides and it often felt like we were just one or two players away from breaking into the top 4, so losing our best players never seemed like a good strategy. Things have changed now and we're a million miles away from the top sides, so it makes much more sense to follow that model.
For now while we stabilise, and get in to the new stadium.

….the outstanding youngsters will often drag their team into an FA Youth Cup Final. We saw Rooney take a very mediocre group to the final where they were beaten by a Villa team with a few future stars in (I think).

Hibbert & Osman, Jeffers were successful, Richard Dunne, Cadamarteri. I can go back to Jimmy Husband & John Hurst getting winners medal. Dave Thomas won it with Burnley, West Ham with Joe Cole, I even think Gascogne won it with Newcastle & of course there was Beckham & Co.

it’s always a good sign of genuine quality, Everton haven’t been the latter stages for a long time, certainly not in Gordon’s year. I accept it’s not a definitive but it’s an indicator.

The way I see it, is that you risk selling another Stones/Rooney (world class youth product), or you're laughing having sold another Rodwell/Barkley (injury prone flid).

For £60m, though, it seems like that'd be someone not buying potential (which the lad has), but rather paying for the finished product that isn't actually finished.

He's not going to have a Richarlison impact on things IMO, and he could easily end up as another Demarai Grey (who was touted as a big money potential player, but ended up passed about for £2m tops)

£60m for a young player who had a decent break through season isn’t a sad day I’m buzzing at the prospect of £60m for Gordon and it’s not even my money. If we was in a better position in the league and financially I’d liked to of kept him to see if he improved but at this moment in time 60m is crazy money for him 45m was.
It's a window where anthony Gordon sells for 60m , everyone knows we have money . Who is coming in ?

100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back