Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Spurs blow our socks off at 9am tomorrow morning this doesn’t really help us- the deal needs done asap and if we wait for a bidding war every day wasted before the window shuts just means the price of our targets goes up anyway. And every day is a day closer to Rondon playing on Saturday. We should be treating this like our transfer window shuts this Thursday.

Keep, everyone was telling me what a great deal it was selling Richarlison and how clever we would be reinvesting, buying younger players just as good for half the price.

Be some awkward jersey wearers with McNeill on the back this season.
Mate was anyone actually saying that other than some proven loons?

We absolutely had to sell someone, for big money, by the end of June for P&L. Richarlison was the only one who drew interest and he wanted to go. We'd all have loved him to stay.

I'd love AG to stay, but if Chelsea stump up £60m then bloody hell

Unless Spurs blow our socks off at 9am tomorrow morning this doesn’t really help us- the deal needs done asap and if we wait for a bidding war every day wasted before the window shuts just means the price of our targets goes up anyway. And every day is a day closer to Rondon playing on Saturday. We should be treating this like our transfer window shuts this Thursday.

We should be, and could be, be getting a better striker in than Rondon without needing money.

There's no excuse for it and Thelwell and the board have been utterly hopeless on that front since August 3rd when they found out the extent of Dom's injury.

He completely avoided the question if Gordon had said he wanted to go

He looked like a man resigned to losing him

I think he needs to publicly call out the board because they have thrown him under the bus this summer with the shambolic recruitment
I mean the two things can be mutually exclusive though.

We should sell any of our players for £60m if they have the end product Gordon currently has, as talented as he is and as good as he might end up being down the line.

They'll wait until deadline day, he'll put in a transfer request, we'll accept and then not have enough time to get something sorted.

Even though competent recruitment would have players lined up right away.

Mate was anyone actually saying that other than some proven loons?

We absolutely had to sell someone, for big money, by the end of June for P&L. Richarlison was the only one who drew interest and he wanted to go. We'd all have loved him to stay.

I'd love AG to stay, but if Chelsea stump up £60m then bloody hell

Yes mate, away from P&S, many thought it was a good footballing decision to sell, reinvest and diversify and we’d improve.

Id just love him to stay, the money may seem like good business, but it’s a poor decision to give yourself that much to do in a week of the transfer window left.

I mean the two things can be mutually exclusive though.

We should sell any of our players for £60m if they have the end product Gordon currently has, as talented as he is and as good as he might end up being down the line.
Yes

I took his comments as him telling the board to hurry up and sort it because its helping no one.

The DOF needs to get a grip of the situation because his manager is being hung out to dry. I see no leadership or decisiveness. I see no one getting a grip of our issues this summer

Yes mate, away from P&S, many thought it was a good footballing decision to sell, reinvest and diversify.

Id just love him to stay, the money may seem like good business, but it’s a poor decision to give yourself that much to do in a week of the transfer window left.
I just don't think Gordon is that hard to replace mate, albeit I'm for some reason treating Everton like a club that knows how to effectively scout several different types of player.

We're replacing a lad, if he goes, whose best asset as it stands is his tenacity. Yes, he has skill, for sure, but he's not an excellent finisher, he's not a great passer and his decision making is below average.

I do think he is a livewire and makes things happen and he had a very good, by what was expected, breakthrough season, but we are hardly replacing a world class player. A competent club (and this is of course the issue here) would be able to replace him very quickly and for a much lower figure.

He completely avoided the question if Gordon had said he wanted to go

He looked like a man resigned to losing him

I think he needs to publicly call out the board because they have thrown him under the bus this summer with the shambolic recruitment

Actually mate he always refuses to answer those exact questions point blank.

And don't be ridiculous - he publicly calls out the board right now it does absolutely no good whatever and likely a lot more harm.

Yes we know we need a striker, they know it too, but unless you reckon Adams is brilliant value at 25m just have even a slight bit of understanding that transfers for the right players arent as simple as people seem to think they are

Actually mate he always refuses to answer those exact questions point blank.

And don't be ridiculous - he publicly calls out the board right now it does absolutely no good whatever and likely a lot more harm.

Yes we know we need a striker, they know it too, but unless you reckon Adams is brilliant value at 25m just have even a slight bit of understanding that transfers for the right players arent as simple as people seem to think they are
I will accept no excuses for the board. They should have had a forward lined up the day we sold Richarlison.

The fact they've left it so late shows they are incompetent and thats why they absolutely do not get a pass from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back