2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
to play devils advocate, 50 million right now would be a lot, but if Gordon was to have another impressive season, we could potentially coup 75 for him next summer

Again though, I don't know what your point is? Who's blamed Gordon for anything? Surely the people recommending that we accept a stupid offer like £50m are doing the exact opposite?

He's basically being castigated for not being "good enough" when he shouldn't even be starting at this time, let alone as the 'kin spearhead of a PL side...to me, that's blame. And then people want to dance around it by justifying it through money. It's a load of BS.

He's basically being castigated for not being "good enough" when he shouldn't even be starting at this time, let alone as the 'kin spearhead of a PL side...to me, that's blame. And then people want to dance around it by justifying it through money. It's a load of BS.
Can't speak for anybody else but I'm not doing that. Couldn't care less how badly he's performed so far, if we get a stupid offer for anybody we should seriously consider it.

Can't speak for anybody else but I'm not doing that. Couldn't care less how badly he's performed so far, if we get a stupid offer for anybody we should seriously consider it.

It shouldn't even be a conversation and it's the club's fault that it is...that was my point. If they (the club) had been carrying out their own due diligence, we WOULD have the luxury of time with him.

50 mil for Clare Balding Jnr would be superb business

…weirdly just saying to Mrs Eggs what an impressive sports presenter Clare Balding is. Detailed knowledge of a diverse range of sports, able to stay level with experts facilitating multi-sports events like the European Championships currently taking place takes some doing.

Her book is a decent read.

to play devils advocate, 50 million right now would be a lot, but if Gordon was to have another impressive season, we could potentially coup 75 for him next summer
Or he could do his cruciate against Nottingham Forest and keep Mina company on the treatment table for the rest of the season.

Time to sell. Kerching!

our inept, incompetant board barely managed to sell Richy for an upfront fee of pretty much what we paid for him, so the only way these geniuses could negotiate 75m for Tony G is if he morphs into peak Ronaldo, cures global warming and wins EuroVision between now and then.

This thread sums up evertonians, here we have a young player who newcastle are looking at as they plan to build a squad to challenge and have identified him as a part of it, and Chelsea who are alot closer are interested, and instead of looking at it and thinking we might have a player we can build a team around, people here want to sell ASAP because everton lost a couple of games and he hasn't looked good being played out of position
There's that, but then there's the school of thought that whilst the manager rates Gordon he thinks that money received can advance the team quicker than with Gordon in it for the next year or two.

To use the moneyball example, we're not replacing Gordon, we're replacing 3/4 goals and maybe half a dozen assists. That's very doable with 45/50m in your back pocket. It can be one, two or even three players. You're looking to replace his (weak) output.

He may go on to be a superstar, he may have already peaked.

If it were me I'd take the silly money all day at our current stage of rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.