2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon mate, 4 goals in 51 PL games is just not very good no matter his age.

You continue, like with DCL before him, to completely go OTT with your praise of Everton players.

Well clubs obviously think it is good, hence why they are making big bids for him.

And I'm not praising him per se. I'm pointing out, people within the game clearly rate him very highly as is reflected in the bids being made. Hes not a championship player, or other such conclusions that are being made.

I think the clubs gone in waaaay to early giving him the #10 shirt and the whole 'starboy'? thing
I tend to agree this was a mistake by the club, but lets wait and see if hes performing well if we keep him. Was terrible in our first two games, but was played out of position for most of both. I also thought giving DCL the 9 would be a mistake, but he grew into the role quite quickly after getting the shirt. Gordon can do the same.

Tom Davies once scored past Man City

Doesn’t matter who you score against what we want to see is consistency

Davies couldn’t deliver on a consistent basis and it looks like Gordon is heading in that direction too

We can’t afford to start an attack minded player who is going to only be able to contribute a couple of goals and assists in a 38 game season

Well why are teams bidding mega money for him then?

It would suggest they think hes on an upwards curve.

Well people don't bid over 40m for players who are not world class at the age range. It really is that simple. The experts know what they are doing.

They did sign Werner for £53m and sell him two years later for £20m. They’ve also just loaned Lukaku out after spending £100m on him last summer. I don’t think the experts knew what they were doing there.

Well clubs obviously think it is good, hence why they are making big bids for him.
Thats not why they are bidding for him. Noone would pay that much for such a small return. If they pay it, its because they're willing to gamble on him improving those areas of his game, as theyre clearly not at an appropriate level for a starting winger.

C'mon mate, 4 goals in 51 PL games is just not very good no matter his age.

You continue, like with DCL before him, to completely go OTT with your praise of Everton players.

Just as a slight aside DCL, we have lost him, and not really recovered.

He was obviously a very important and good player for us. Another one people said wasnt good enough and holding us back. I'm really not sure how that is framed as being OTT or some major omission, but yet claiming such players are rubbish is let go.

I was very supportive of both Gordon and DCL, and that faith in both has been shown to be correct hasnt it?

Thats not why they are bidding for him. Noone would pay that much for such a small return. If they pay it, its because they're willing to gamble on him improving those areas of his game, as theyre clearly not at an appropriate level for a starting winger.

And they think, that 4 goals, in a poor team, at age 20-21 is not a bad return, but one that shows promise. Which it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.