2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see him get so involved today, and want so much of the ball when he was always going to be in the limelight after the past week of rumours.

He was really wasteful today though and needs to be better than what he showed at times. You can tell he’s a special player - I think he’ll suddenly start dominating games with goals and assists, but we’ll need to give him time.
I really wish I could see it, I just don't.

Will he be a special player? Maybe.

Do we have the time to wait and see? I don't think so.

Nobody wants to sell homegrown talent but in this case I genuinely believe the money is better spent elsewhere.

Those unhappy with his performance are fair to critique however when you look at the state of the forward options theres no wonder why we aren’t scoring.
His stats will not be the best but as he is more of a provider than a finisher

Only caught the second half, but I thought he was very dangerous today, he was a decent strike of the ball at youth level wasn’t he? I suspect that part of his game is still getting up to premier league level.
Many are, most are not capable of bringing that into the PL. The gap in quality there is enormous and there is no guarantee he will ever be able to improve enough to be a regular danger. I remember when he first got in the team and people were chatting about how dangerous he was cutting in from the left and scoring. He hasnt been able to do that successfully at all in the PL.

It seems a bit harsh to come onto the Anthony Gordon thread and single him out to criticise his performance, considering the entire team pretty much were absolute utter garbage, but at the end of the day, we are not being offered close to £50m for any of our other players.

He was poor yesterday, like really poor. Was interesting to hear the people around me in the ground during the game, absolutely loads of people saying they can’t believe we’re not taking Chelsea’s money (and before you ask, yes I’m a Park End da, surrounded by other Park End da’s), and that we should “bite their hand off” and “I’d drive him down to London meself”.

I’m sorry, but I just can’t see how he will EVER be close to a £45-£50m player. In my opinion he will be very much be another Jeffers / Davies. Seems a nice enough lad, but I think if we turn down this quite mental offer, we will look back on it in a few years time and wonder what the hell we done.

It seems a bit harsh to come onto the Anthony Gordon thread and single him out to criticise his performance, considering the entire team pretty much were absolute utter garbage, but at the end of the day, we are not being offered close to £50m for any of our other players.

He was poor yesterday, like really poor. Was interesting to hear the people around me in the ground during the game, absolutely loads of people saying they can’t believe we’re not taking Chelsea’s money (and before you ask, yes I’m a Park End da, surrounded by other Park End da’s), and that we should “bite their hand off” and “I’d drive him down to London meself”.

I’m sorry, but I just can’t see how he will EVER be close to a £45-£50m player. In my opinion he will be very much be another Jeffers / Davies. Seems a nice enough lad, but I think if we turn down this quite mental offer, we will look back on it in a few years time and wonder what the hell we done.
Arsenal got that good Brazilian striker for £45m.

I really wish I could see it, I just don't.

Will he be a special player? Maybe.

Do we have the time to wait and see? I don't think so.

Nobody wants to sell homegrown talent but in this case I genuinely believe the money is better spent elsewhere.
I’m in this exact camp also. I can absolutely see why £50m is tempting, but how do we spend it with 10 days left? Other clubs know we’re desperate for a striker and will be asking crazy money for somebody bang average. That’s if they even want to sell at this late hour.

I’m in this exact camp also. I can absolutely see why £50m is tempting, but how do we spend it with 10 days left? Other clubs know we’re desperate for a striker and will be asking crazy money for somebody bang average. That’s if they even want to sell at this late hour.
One thing is for sure, there's very little value in the UK market.

Anyway, if Chelsea are still interested another bid should be encouraged. It can't go into the final week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back