2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most fans don't want him gone...me included but most fans are looking purely at a business sense due to FFP. Do we stay as we are with Gordon in the team or do we accept the deal and strengthen other areas and still have money in our back pocket and ease the worry of FFP. I would prefer the latter scenario and feel it is the only way to move forward
I'm not an accountant and we have half a dozen full time people at the club whose job it is to make the money decisions. Remember we have already sold Richarlison to appease the FFP brigade. Selling 2 diamonds to buy some lesser junk does not interest me. 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum' anyone?

There's just not enough goals for me up top Toff, though I know what you mean regarding getting someone in who can create and maybe chip in with a few.

Gueye should be done regardless of Gordon and we really should have had 1 or 2 in already so this just stinks of us needing the cash to bring more in (I'm not saying we shouldnt sell btw, 60m is far too good to turn down and a chance to sort our finances).

Chucking 3 League games (currently) and a potential cup game is disgraceful management from the very top down whichever way we spin it. Its simply unacceptable once again and its a huge game of risk they're currently playing.
Yeah I agree but I don't think the answer is bringing in 3 players to cover 1 that has left who doesn't score enough goals anyway.

So for me it's not a case of having to get a replacement for Gordon as such. We have Gray to play the headless chicken role as it is. I think Broja and another would be ideal. Not sure who the 'and another' is but it'd be someone who can offer at least a bit of what Richarlison did - i.e. the goals if not the defensive work rate.

Then I'd want that creative player that comes in to be dynamic but also have that eye for a quality pass. Basically Gordon's dynamism, but actual compsure when it comes to creating chances, and that I think would work well to push Iwobi.

Gana as we both say should be done regardless.

Very good player especially if you're planning on swinging in a load of crosses. If he was available cheaply, £10m or so, definitely worth a punt. Obviously need further reinforcements, maybe him plus Kudus and a direct Gordon replacement, and we'll be looking in good shape imo.
Wolves fans I’m in a patreon with where talking about it. More rumours of dendonkey but they said Jimenez has been talked about.

I’d take him, but at 31, I’d be very cautious about putting forward a big fee.

£10m would be ideal, but no chance wolves part with him for a fee that small.

Have to take £60m and reinvest it in the squad, it's a no brainer. Although I do wonder about the structure & add-ons - we might never actually see all £60m.

I like to think of it as Chelsea making up the difference for Spurs underpaying for Richarlison.

I think the US owners are comparing our football teams to US sports teams and seeing the revenue expansion potential - so from that perspective I don’t think £60m is that much for them

We spent £0.5bn and should be in that same place but somehow miscalculated
Yeah that's fine, £60m is paying for potential. But it'd make Gordon the 9th most expensive player aged 21 or under in history, and the 2nd most expensive player, behind Laporte, not to have being capped by his country at the time (and that was only because for some strange reason Deschamps never rated Laporte).

Status
Not open for further replies.