2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about the talent our Academy has produced, I think Gordon is probably the best since the likes of Rooney and Osman came through the ranks - hopefully we can all agree. The only shout would be Barkley, but I honestly think Gordon has more to him than Ross.
I came here to mock you for this utterly ridiculous take.

I notice others have pointed out (correctly) that Barkley was twice the place Gordon was a similar age, even after a triple leg break.

Strong, quite quick, skillful, a confident finisher, decent in the air etc etc. He should have been England's CM until he retired.

Gordon has a lot to do to get anywhere near that level, I'm not sure choosing to sit on Chelseas bench is the smartest move for him, that's not our problem.

I quite like Gordon, but we're in no position to keep him when that kind of money is available.

What d you value Broja at? Is he the answer to our problems? Can we expect more goals from him than we would Gordon, given recent records?
It's not what I value him at it's what Chelsea want which has been mooted at £30m.

Personally I'd value Gordon at about £35-40 m and Broja at about £20-25m.

And , yes I think he's far more of a goal threat than Gordon.

He could also play with DCL in a 532 if he ever regains fitness.

We would alsd need to sign a wide striker with the £20m.

It's not what I value him at it's what Chelsea want which has been mooted at £30m.

Personally I'd value Gordon at about £35-40 m and Broja at about £20-25m.

And , yes I think he's far more of a goal threat than Gordon.

He could also play with Dominic Calvert-Lewin in a 532 if he ever regains fitness.

We would alsd need to sign a wide striker with the £20m.

He scored 6 in 32 at Southampton. Only time he scored more was at Vittese, which is a difference in quality.

Gordon, as a winger as part of a relegation threated team scored 4 in 35.

If Broja is coming here, I would say, give us the £50m plus, Broja on loan and first refusal on any purchase next summer.

He scored 6 in 32 at Southampton. Only time he scored more was at Vittese, which is a difference in quality.

Gordon, as a winger as part of a relegation threated team scored 4 in 35.

If Broja is coming here, I would say, give us the £50m plus, Broja on loan and first refusal on any purchase next summer.
Plus those 6 came in a fairly short run of games.

Plus those 6 came in a fairly short run of games.
Imagine if we get rid of Gordon and only bring in this chump and £20m. Heads will be rolling all the way from Goodison to Bramley Moore.

I would love to be wrong and he comes here and bags 15+, I just cant see anything that suggests he will score more than 8 league goals.

I came here to mock you for this utterly ridiculous take.

I notice others have pointed out (correctly) that Barkley was twice the place Gordon was a similar age, even after a triple leg break.

Strong, quite quick, skillful, a confident finisher, decent in the air etc etc. He should have been England's CM until he retired.

Gordon has a lot to do to get anywhere near that level, I'm not sure choosing to sit on Chelseas bench is the smartest move for him, that's not our problem.

I quite like Gordon, but we're in no position to keep him when that kind of money is available.

As I said, I think I probably bigged him up a bit too much.

That being said however, they both played in two very different sides - don't you think?

Barkley was the tail end of the Moyes era and then played under Stubbs/Martinez. Eventually leaving. Relative consistency in a team and structure that took years to put together and resulted in some of our highest finishes in years.

And Gordon. He's playing in one of the worst Everton sides to ever exist.

Mock all you like, but you have to consider the full picture don't you? :)

As I said, I think I probably bigged him up a bit too much.

That being said however, they both played in two very different sides - don't you think?

Barkley was the tail end of the Moyes era and then played under Stubbs/Martinez. Eventually leaving. Relative consistency in a team and structure that took years to put together and resulted in some of our highest finishes in years.

And Gordon. He's playing in one of the worst Everton sides to ever exist.

Mock all you like, but you have to consider the full picture don't you? :)
I have considered it.

You're wrong.

(only messing, it's opinions after all.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back