Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont want the lad but he's certainly a better option than Iwobi and signals the end of him at Everton I imagine.

Would love that Johnson lad though - someone to invest in the long term.

My Villa mate says his ceiling is high, but he’s wildly inconsistent. I’d be down for a loan with an option to buy because this sounds a little like pre-Everton Gray to me…

My Villa mate says his ceiling is high, but he’s wildly inconsistent. I’d be down for a loan with an option to buy because this sounds a little like pre-Everton Gray to me…

My biggest issue with loans with options is sometimes players play out of their skin to get the deal then once they have it just can’t be arsed trying anymore. The Kev Mirallas special.

Okay so El Ghazi is coming on loan.

Where does he play?

He is similar to Gray that he is right footed and can play across all the attacking midfielder positions but he has mainly played Left Midfield/Wing for Villa.

El Ghazi - Gray - Gordon/Townsend

This set up makes sense with pace and width from three attacking midfield behind DCL/Rondon (eww)

He is another option just like Townsend who is experienced and can add some pace to the wide positions. He is a very neat passer who has a number of assists at this level plus he is very confident finisher.

I'd rather we got a centre back in but it's not the worst signing.

Benitez has a lot of weaknesses as a manager but one of his few strengths seems to be getting the best out of his wingers and el Ghazi does have a decent scoring record so on loan it might be worth a punt (though I would prefer he gave dobbin more chances)

So, this bobbler feller puts a spin on Paul Joyce's tweet and people believe him rather than the original source for the story?

"As per Paul Joyce". Ha Ha Ha Ha. Does Paul Joyce know what's been credited to him by el bobbler I wonder?

They work closely together and Joyce follows him, so yes, he'll be aware of what's been posted.

He's been spot on with everything else so see zero reasons to think he'd make this up.

Okay so El Ghazi is coming on loan.

Where does he play?

He is similar to Gray that he is right footed and can play across all the attacking midfielder positions but he has mainly played Left Midfield/Wing for Villa.

El Ghazi - Gray - Gordon/Townsend

This set up makes sense with pace and width from three attacking midfield behind DCL/Rondon (eww)

He is another option just like Townsend who is experienced and can add some pace to the wide positions. He is a very neat passer who has a number of assists at this level plus he is very confident finisher.

I'd rather we got a centre back in but it's not the worst signing.
El Ghazi Gray Gordon/Townsend

is genuinely a relegation fodder front line, average being the best compliment i could give it

Not this window but he's not getting anywhere near the team with Richarlison, Gray, Townsend, Gordon and El Ghazi ahead of him.

So if he wants to play he'll have to look to leave.
I’m sure he’ll be happy enough to sit on our bench and take home the 100k or whatever it may be that he will never even get close to matching again in his career.
He will be here long after Richarlison has left!

Gave my opinion on this earlier mate in that I'm not convinced on the argument we don't need another winger;

If we have any winger injured, it could mean Iwobi on the wing.

Also good to have the option of Gordon central.

I think we have to be pragmatic - the season is a write off and it's all about ensuring we have financial manoeuvrability in the future.
I agree. If it's a loan with no obligation to buy that's fine. He strikes me as the kind of player who might try hard for a few months. As long as we don't then pay a load of money and sign him!

Status
Not open for further replies.