Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
....who have wide players better than us? 71 appearances over the last 2 seasons suggests he can get a game for Villa. He can't this season with Coutinho, Bailey, Traore and even Buendia and Ramsey he's competing with.

I agree, Townsend is not good enough for a team with our ambitions. He is a good option from the bench. El Ghazi is a very minor upgrade, but an upgrade all the same. I said he is not my choice either, but if we are limited on funds, he would not be so terrible on loan or small fee.
Maybe he played last season and the season. Before. But this season he’s started 4 games, so I would say at this minute he’s not a starter. Also would any team loan out a first team player, I’m not sure any club Would.

Also you say villa have better wide players, Coutinho is unknown at this moment because of injuries. Buendia has 1 goal and cost 38mil Bailey has 1 goal, to be fair he’s been injured. Traore is garbage.

Would you swap Richarlison for any of them? Also would you swap Buendia for Gray and give villa 36mil. To cover the difference

Exactly? So people want us to remedy that by bringing in wide players better than they have not by just adding more average players to an already average squad honestly this is all very simple stuff.
It’s not true though. Would you swap Richarlison & gray. For Bailey & Beundia

Gave my opinion on this earlier mate in that I'm not convinced on the argument we don't need another winger;

If we have any winger injured, it could mean Iwobi on the wing.

Also good to have the option of Gordon central.

I think we have to be pragmatic - the season is a write off and it's all about ensuring we have financial manoeuvrability in the future.
If the season's a write off then why bother adding to the wage bill at all? If it isn't a write off and we need to battle to stay up then it explains why people aren't sure a cast off from a similarly average side is going to help us do it.

Gave my opinion on this earlier mate in that I'm not convinced on the argument we don't need another winger;

If we have any winger injured, it could mean Iwobi on the wing.

Also good to have the option of Gordon central.

I think we have to be pragmatic - the season is a write off and it's all about ensuring we have financial manoeuvrability in the future.
Yes long term we do, Townsend will leave at the end of next season, iwobi will hopefully be moved on this summer. But we need quality and while the Diaz deal has passed us by, that type of quality or a youngster with big potential, should be the way we’re going

This does completely negate Dobbin's opportunities though so there is no way he's signing a new contract.

No disrespect to Alan, he has no clue. Tweeted 2 days ago, we’re aren’t after villa players.

Also said yesterday Holgate is not for sale, and seen as a valuable member of the squad. Does anyone really believe if some club came knocking with a 12/15mil bid, we’d say no

He's got that wrong. We've had offers to loan Holgate which we have turned down. It's either full sale or nothing.

No disrespect to Alan, he has no clue. Tweeted 2 days ago, we’re aren’t after villa players.

Also said yesterday Holgate is not for sale, and seen as a valuable member of the squad. Does anyone really believe if some club came knocking with a 12/15mil bid, we’d say no
Exactly, the Holgate stuff is what the club should be spinning to protect the value of the sale. It was Moyes best trick to get inflated fees. Can't remember one cheap sale from that era.

do we really need any more Wingers though

there are much more pressing areas to upgrade

I think we have 3. Gray, Townsend and Gordon.

Richarlison prefers central role. Suspect we want him to play centrally - particularly this season with DCL injuries. Have a bad feeling he could be out more than he's in for the rest of the season.

If we can't sign a centre midfielder, then a winger could allow us to move Gordon centrally - 3 man midfield - we really struggle with any centre midfielder who can progress possession. I was saying on here the other day how if we move Gordon central, who replaces him on the wing...

Forget Iwobi, even if we're kind and say AFCON...

If the season's a write off then why bother adding to the wage bill at all? If it isn't a write off and we need to battle to stay up then it explains why people aren't sure a cast off from a similarly average side is going to help us do it.

The season's a write off in terms of achieving anything of significance. Europe has gone.

I remember I said the same on here under Allardyce, and fans like you saying we had to buy Tosun/Walcott to battle to stay up. We didn't. We were staying up without them, and they weren't helping us achieve anything of significance that season. Pointless and kicked the can down the road to cause a big problem.

I agree regarding avoiding spending. As I said in November here. Why give a manager on dodgy ground money to spend? It's why I said I was concerned when we signed Patterson/Mykolenko - as in who was deciding they were good players for the club - fortunately since it looks like Ancelotti/Brands wanted Mykolenko so there's some long term thinking at least.

Yes long term we do, Townsend will leave at the end of next season, iwobi will hopefully be moved on this summer. But we need quality and while the Diaz deal has passed us by, that type of quality or a youngster with big potential, should be the way we’re going

Well, we couldn't afford him which reaffirms my whole point.

Rather than try and bridge the gap, go short term until we can - preferably under a manager who might not be a 3 results from the sack.

Maybe he played last season and the season. Before. But this season he’s started 4 games, so I would say at this minute he’s not a starter. Also would any team loan out a first team player, I’m not sure any club Would.

Also you say villa have better wide players, Coutinho is unknown at this moment because of injuries. Buendia has 1 goal and cost 38mil Bailey has 1 goal, to be fair he’s been injured. Traore is garbage.

Would you swap Richarlison for any of them? Also would you swap Buendia for Gray and give villa 36mil. To cover the difference
I guess Villa are having to manage wages too. They are no doubt having to find a large wedge for Coutinho and Digne.

I’m guessing the need to sacrifice a player to balance the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back