Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinfoil hat of course but also helps out good buddy Mendes in the process. Wouldn’t put it past them snakes.
Absolutely, just think it's a reach to claim that Benitez has said no - three times - having put the rest together.

For our fans to get fume from any of this just leaves me scratching my head when there is so much else that is demonstrably wrong with the club.

Final point, know it's the wrong thread, but so far Villa are doing a decent job impersonating us in previous windows.

Not this window but he's not getting anywhere near the team with Richarlison, Gray, Townsend, Gordon and El Ghazi ahead of him.

So if he wants to play he'll have to look to leave.
He strikes me as exactly the kind of bloke who will be more than happy to live his Gucci-wearing, private jet-flying life while doing absolutely nothing to either earn his wage at Everton, or work for his wage elsewhere. He's here until 2025, or at a minimum we'll be paying a large percentage of his wages whilst he's loaned out time and time again until his contract ends in 2025.

Okay so El Ghazi is coming on loan.

Where does he play?

He is similar to Gray that he is right footed and can play across all the attacking midfielder positions but he has mainly played Left Midfield/Wing for Villa.

El Ghazi - Gray - Gordon/Townsend

This set up makes sense with pace and width from three attacking midfield behind DCL/Rondon (eww)

He is another option just like Townsend who is experienced and can add some pace to the wide positions. He is a very neat passer who has a number of assists at this level plus he is very confident finisher.

I'd rather we got a centre back in but it's not the worst signing.

What about Richarlison

Absolutely, just think it's a reach to claim that Benitez has said no - three times - having put the rest together.

For our fans to get fume from any of this just leaves me scratching my head when there is so much else that is demonstrably wrong with the club.

Final point, know it's the wrong thread, but so far Villa are doing a decent job impersonating us in previous windows.

Oh I don’t really care who’s behind it I just hope we’re not spending £15m on another winger lol £20m gets us that lad from Forest.

If it’s a loan with option? Not arsed, inconsequential deal then.

Okay so El Ghazi is coming on loan.

Where does he play?

He is similar to Gray that he is right footed and can play across all the attacking midfielder positions but he has mainly played Left Midfield/Wing for Villa.

El Ghazi - Gray - Gordon/Townsend

This set up makes sense with pace and width from three attacking midfield behind DCL/Rondon (eww)

He is another option just like Townsend who is experienced and can add some pace to the wide positions. He is a very neat passer who has a number of assists at this level plus he is very confident finisher.

I'd rather we got a centre back in but it's not the worst signing.

But where does Richarlison fit in when he's fit ?.. Just can't see the sense in this deal, this looks like Gordons breakthrough season, do not want another player stopping his progress, unless it's a world class player. Besides defensive midfielder and Centre half are our priorities.

What about Richarlison
FFP, so await the ensuing agenda that Richy looked at Benny in a funny way one day, thus an absolute bad apple and needs to be sold under market value for the benefit of the Benny, I mean team sorry. Sharp Reid have been used, so take your pick who will be used next.

Why does it make sense when we don’t really need him right now. And we will still be paying a fee and wages. Even if it’s only 3/4mil. It’s 3/4mil that could loan a midfielder or even go down as a payment on a player out of contract or a youngster who may cost 10/15mil

Because we only have 3 wingers. Richarlison is a forward all day for me never a winger and Iwobi isn’t even a footballer.

I think we have 3. Gray, Townsend and Gordon.

Richarlison prefers central role. Suspect we want him to play centrally - particularly this season with DCL injuries. Have a bad feeling he could be out more than he's in for the rest of the season.

If we can't sign a centre midfielder, then a winger could allow us to move Gordon centrally - 3 man midfield - we really struggle with any centre midfielder who can progress possession. I was saying on here the other day how if we move Gordon central, who replaces him on the wing...

Forget Iwobi, even if we're kind and say AFCON...

The season's a write off in terms of achieving anything of significance. Europe has gone.

I remember I said the same on here under Allardyce, and fans like you saying we had to buy Tosun/Walcott to battle to stay up. We didn't. We were staying up without them, and they weren't helping us achieve anything of significance that season. Pointless and kicked the can down the road to cause a big problem.

I agree regarding avoiding spending. As I said in November here. Why give a manager on dodgy ground money to spend? It's why I said I was concerned when we signed Patterson/Mykolenko - as in who was deciding they were good players for the club - fortunately since it looks like Ancelotti/Brands wanted Mykolenko so there's some long term thinking at least.

Well, we couldn't afford him which reaffirms my whole point.

Rather than try and bridge the gap, go short term until we can - preferably under a manager who might not be a 3 results from the sack.
You'd play Gordon centre mid? No disrespect to him but I really don't think he's suited to it. If we really are desperate for yet another winger why not sign a right sided one?

Status
Not open for further replies.