Everton 3 - WBA - 0

Mirallas (39')
Lukaku (82')
Schneiderlin (45')

Everton 4 - Hull 0

Lukaku (91', 94')
Valencia (78')
Calvert-Lewin (9')

Thats a goalscorer doing what a goalscorer should do, and score.

12 Goals scored from other players in 6 games, i'd say thats spreading them around. Average of 2 goals per game from other sources than Lukaku.

Not to mention how the last 3 games we have broken teams down through with goals from other sources, before Lukaku got on the scoresheet.

This is Dave holding on to his "negative Koeman" agenda. Looking at those results there and those scorers, then going back to read his original post; "the players are scared to get forward this season". It really is laughable.

We have the best goalscorer in the league and we rightly play to his strengths. If it was a simple case of "i've got a good idea! why dont we get 3 other players to add an extra 10 goals each!" then we'd be running away with the league title right now.

It was as much about what the rest of our attack does (or doesn't) as much as what Lukaku obviously achieves.

But that's "an irrelevancy" because we can get one or to from elsewhere off other players.

There's been a surreal reaction from many to this thread. It was meant to point out (yes an obvious enough) point about how out of whack our set up is, goals wise, but also to ask what can be done to bring it back to some sort of balance.

Maybe if some were a little bit more secure about their own views on the manager they might take genuine debate for what it is.
Maybe if you didn't spend every day seeking another negative angle to try and attack Koeman, then people might treat your input in a slightly different manner.

You reap what you sow

Our set up isn't out of whack, it's damned effective. Step back from the keyboard and just have a think about what you're suggesting is 'wrong' here. We're utilising our best asset in the best way possible, in order to maximise his effectiveness. What you're suggesting is that if he somehow scored less and we therefore failed to maximise his potential then that'd be a good thing. We can deal with life after Lukaku when the day comes, for now I'm more than happy seeing us scoring goals for fun and winning home games at a canter.

Everton 3 - Saints 0
Baines (81')
Lukaku (89')
Valencia (73')

Everton 4 - City 0

Mirallas (47')
Lukaku (34')
Davies (79')
Lookman (94')

Everton 6 - Bournemouth 3

Barkley (94')
McCarthy (23')
Lukaku (1', 29', 83', 84')

Everton 2 - Sunderland 0

Lukaku (80')
Gueye (40')

Everton 3 - WBA - 0

Mirallas (39')
Lukaku (82')
Schneiderlin (45')

Everton 4 - Hull 0

Lukaku (91', 94')
Valencia (78')
Calvert-Lewin (9')

Thats a goalscorer doing what a goalscorer should do, and score.

12 Goals scored from other players in 6 games, i'd say thats spreading them around. Average of 2 goals per game from other sources than Lukaku.

Interesting to note just how lethal Rom is late on in games. 7 of his 9 goals there came after the 80th minute.

Maybe if you didn't spend every day seeking another negative angle to try and attack Koeman, then people might treat your input in a slightly different manner.

You reap what you sow

Our set up isn't out of whack, it's damned effective. Step back from the keyboard and just have a think about what you're suggesting is 'wrong' here. We're utilising our best asset in the best way possible, in order to maximise his effectiveness. What you're suggesting is that if he somehow scored less and we therefore failed to maximise his potential then that'd be a good thing. We can deal with life after Lukaku when the day comes, for now I'm more than happy seeing us scoring goals for fun and winning home games at a canter.

Pretty much. I still think we could set up a lot more effectively with him though. I think he's scoring because he's on fire rather than because of anything tangible the team is doing differently.

What's made the big difference for Lukaku are two players in midfield - Davies and Schneiderlin. Davies energy has released Ross further forward, which has made the whole team tick, and Schneiderlin has added composure that the ageing Barry was starting to lose, giving us a firm base to attack off.

What's impressed me most about Lukaku recently isn't actually the goals. He'll always get those. No, it's that he's involving himself in more of the game, more often. His assist for Valencia was more valuable to me than his two goals after.

Pretty much. I still think we could set up a lot more effectively with him though. I think he's scoring because he's on fire rather than because of anything tangible the team is doing differently.

What's made the big difference for Lukaku are two players in midfield - Davies and Schneiderlin. Davies energy has released Ross further forward, which has made the whole team tick, and Schneiderlin has added composure that the ageing Barry was starting to lose, giving us a firm base to attack off.

What's impressed me most about Lukaku recently isn't actually the goals. He'll always get those. No, it's that he's involving himself in more of the game, more often. His assist for Valencia was more valuable to me than his two goals after.

Will admit the second tweet surprises me a bit, but not too much. Assists are one thing, but being involved in the overall attacking movement during games is another.

Lukaku dominated against Bournemouth in every area, not just goals/assists. He has that in his locker and is starting to display it more in my eyes. For the Valencia assist, I was simply happy to see him have his back to goal, receive a pass and move it on, allowing support players to get beyond him. He didn't used to do that.

You reap what you sow

No, no, no, no...How wrong can you be reading the words of others?

I've gone out of my way to underline that Lukau scoring lots of goals is not a problem, the imbalance we have is the problem...caused by others not contributing what they should.

Take a look at the scoring of teams above us. Apart from the weird United scoring rate, if Everton could find another five or six goals from elsewhere then we'd be in the real shape up for CL spots this season.

I mean, this IS what we ALL want isn't it? A CL spot?

How you can read what I've written and find fault in a point of view that says we only progress when players other than Lukaku become more prolific I dont know.

Take down your shield, the world isn't full of people looking to snatch your paper thin managerial security blanket.

Errmmmm

No, no, no, no...How wrong can you be reading the words of others?

I've gone out of my way to underline that Lukau scoring lots of goals is not a problem, the imbalance we have is the problem...caused by others not contributing what they should.

Take a look at the scoring of teams above us. Apart from the weird United scoring rate, if Everton could find another five or six goals from elsewhere then we'd be in the real shape up for CL spots this season.

I mean, this IS what we ALL want isn't it? A CL spot?

How you can read what I've written and find fault in a point of view that says we only progress when players other than Lukaku become more prolific I dont know.

Take down your shield, the world isn't full of people looking to snatch your paper thin managerial security blanket.

Like who? Who's not contributed what they should?

The Harlem Globetrotters under Brown Shoes idol have only scored 3 more goals than us btw.

As for a CL spot, who ever thought that was realistically possible this season after 2 seasons of abject failure in the league?

Like who? Who's not contributed what they should?

The Harlem Globetrotters under Brown Shoes idol have only scored 3 more goals than us btw.

As for a CL spot, who ever thought that was realistically possible this season after 2 seasons of abject failure in the league?

Lukaku 21
Barkley 4
Mirallas 4
Coleman 4
Valencia 3
Baines 2
Barry 2
Bolasie 1
Davies 1
Gueye 1
Calvert Lewin 1
Lookman 1
McCarthy 1
Schneiderlin 1
Williams 1
Gueye 1

Here's a picture to try and hammer home what the problem is.....

big-head-small-body-pic.jpeg

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back