Are we at the stage where we consider a mass rebuild in the next 7 days or not? Stick or twist?

It doesn’t work like that whatsoever.

For me something needs to change and fast. I don't live in the City anymore but came to visit my old man for the weekend and a few things stood out. There is a massive bias for the red side in the city and that never used to be the case. I get that we were playing away so some fans wouldn't be present but still I was surprised how many red shirts there were compared to blue. I saw a stall in the city centre selling footy merchandise and it was completely red apart from a handful of Everton scarfs neatly packed behind the red ones. I saw nothing else of Everton anywhere.

I visited the outside of the new stadium too and you wouldn't have a clue it was Evertons stadium unless someone told you. I didn't see a single club crest near it or anything to indicate what it was. It makes you fear that we will ever actually play there at all.

I remember around the Ancelotti times when new players joined they would all comment how they had joined a massive club and I always found that cringeworthy. I think it's even less applicable now. We really are small time now and I think to neutrals, they see us as we may have seen Sunderland around 10 years ago. A club with a loyal fan base but rubbish team who are destined for relegation and haven't won anything for what seems an eternity.

Something needs to change urgently because the club is fast becoming not just second rate but perhaps even third. The footy is poor, the ownership is a circus and if things continue as they are then i fear that only worse is to come in the future.
Mate I feel the pain of having to come back to that.

I see it regularly walking through town and while you can call them a tourist club, it’s those tourists that pay through the nose to keep them where they are.

Sadly the days of having a close knit but extremely loyal fanbase are gone and we have to adapt or slowly die

This thread is bizarre.

No we absolutely should NOT be selling Branthwaite this year. Look at the carnage Michael Keane causes every time he pulls on a blue shirt - we need Tarkowski, Branthwaite and O'Brien fit and healthy all season, they're the top 3 centre backs at the club and Keane is MILES away.

By that same rationale, we should absolutely sell Keane if anyone shows any interest. But no-one will show any interest because he's utterly, utterly abysmal. His couple of England caps 4? 5? years ago don't mean he isn't garbage. There's a WORLD of difference between being a former international player and being a current international player.

Maupay - obviously sell if anyone comes in for him.

Doucoure - tough one. On the one hand, his departure leaves us pretty short at 10. On the other hand he's not getting younger and he's on BIG money.

Holgate - would rather keep him than Keane.

DCL - sell him or sign him. Either way do it now.

Beto - entirely depends on DCL. One stays, the other goes.

I wouldn’t trust that any revenue generated from sales, if not spent this month, would still be available to spend in January. I don’t trust we would be able to find anyone worth signing who would want to come in either.

Then we’re would need to factor in morale, and how long we’re going to give Dyche to show a real improvement.

This thread is bizarre.

No we absolutely should NOT be selling Branthwaite this year. Look at the carnage Michael Keane causes every time he pulls on a blue shirt - we need Tarkowski, Branthwaite and O'Brien fit and healthy all season, they're the top 3 centre backs at the club and Keane is MILES away.

By that same rationale, we should absolutely sell Keane if anyone shows any interest. But no-one will show any interest because he's utterly, utterly abysmal. His couple of England caps 4? 5? years ago don't mean he isn't garbage. There's a WORLD of difference between being a former international player and being a current international player.

Maupay - obviously sell if anyone comes in for him.

Doucoure - tough one. On the one hand, his departure leaves us pretty short at 10. On the other hand he's not getting younger and he's on BIG money.

Holgate - would rather keep him than Keane.

DCL - sell him or sign him. Either way do it now.

Beto - entirely depends on DCL. One stays, the other goes.

Doucoure is massively expendable mate, wouldn't leave us short at ten at all, we signed two players whose best position is that

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back