Are we at the stage where we consider a mass rebuild in the next 7 days or not? Stick or twist?

I don’t disagree with you but if you were a Leicester or a Southampton and thought you needed an experienced player to help you stay in the league, £5m is peanuts for that player.

Not saying Keane, Holgate or Maupay would single handedly keep a team in the PL but they could play a part and if they don’t go, they will have to play a part in keeping us in the league.

Southampton would rather sign Harwood-Bellis for 15m. Younger, potential to be called into the England squad in next 2-3 years and crucially schooled in the Man. City academy so he's a good fit for how Southampton play.

Leicester will get a FFP points deduction at some point so I don't think spending 5m and big wages on a 31 year old is something they'd consider at all.

I think the only prem team I can remember being linked with Michael Keane in last three years was Forest when they first came up and they were signing 20 players in one transfer window but it didn't happen.

Best chance of getting rid of Holgate was Wilder liking him and feeling he'd be a decent player to get them back up but no interest during the summer and they've signed Harry Souttar on loan since.

Unsurprisingly there isn't a market for premier league reserves who last looked decent in 2020.

I made the factual point that he isn’t an England international currently. Not once did I say he’d never played for England.

You’re dead weird.
So Keane played for England four years ago but isn’t an England international.

If you married your wife four years ago, is she not still your wife or is she fair game at the Denbigh?

Sadly, there wasn’t.
There was, but Harry scared em off.

Everton must keep "immense" Keane after Holgate's exit

Ahead of a crucial relegation battle, squad depth could quickly prove to be the key for Everton, meaning that they should do everything in their power to fend off any interest in Keane. Whilst the defender is behind James Tarkowski and Jarrad Branthwaite in the pecking order, one injury could quickly see the former Burnley man regain his place in Dyche's side.

When at his best, Keane has earned deserved praise, including from legendary manager Harry Redknapp, who told BetVictor back in 2022 (via Goodison News): "I thought Michael Keane was immense at the back, and topping it off with a goal will do him no harm at all."

There was, but Harry scared em off.

Everton must keep "immense" Keane after Holgate's exit

Ahead of a crucial relegation battle, squad depth could quickly prove to be the key for Everton, meaning that they should do everything in their power to fend off any interest in Keane. Whilst the defender is behind James Tarkowski and Jarrad Branthwaite in the pecking order, one injury could quickly see the former Burnley man regain his place in Dyche's side.

When at his best, Keane has earned deserved praise, including from legendary manager Harry Redknapp, who told BetVictor back in 2022 (via Goodison News): "I thought Michael Keane was immense at the back, and topping it off with a goal will do him no harm at all."

The fella also told us to sign Dele Alli.

I don’t think it’s a case of mass sales as no one will want them but I certainly do think he has to start introducing the kids.

I would rather watch us getting our arses kicked with the kids having a go than the so called first team getting beat doing nothing.

Obviously don’t want to be seeing us getting beat but I’m sure you get the gist of what I’m saying, the so called first team have had their chance time and time again and failed time and time again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back