Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Are we going to end up with a pop gun attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giroud would be a superb signing. Either way, we need a variety of attacking options. Putting all our faith in a big scoring striker with little option to change has won us zilch.

2 wingers that score 10 each over a season, a midfielder that scores 5 and a striker that scores 15 and we're in a better position

@davek

Decent post mate.

and yeah IF Lukaku goes and the sum of ourt business post him in a attacking sense adding Sandro and say Gray then we will be up the creek without a paddle unless Sandro hits the ground running and his development last season continues for example- which honestly we won't know until during the season

But thats the worst case scenario - and actually would be shocking if it was the case scenario given we appear to be trying to add real depth to the squad so far.

The other side is that IF we do sell Lukaku for close to a world record fee, then much like a few other clubs around the world have done (Athletico for starters for the past 10 years or so) we will be a very very attractive step for any ambitious striker,they will see what happened with Lukaku at this team - going from a reject who was loaned out to West Brom to a player who walks in for a massive fee to a top CL level team.

IF he does go my estaimate would be that we would add a proven experienced player in this league - the likes of a Giroud, Vardy type.

and we would add another younger striker with a massive potential to him, be that Dembele, Dolberg, Batshuayi, Iheanacho or another from the continent probably using about 45-50m to do both pieces of business, we'd then add another wide forward type (like mane was) be that Berardi or Balde etc for an additional part of the Lukaku funds - which i think we will add that type anyway btw)

So add proven goals with one signing, the massive potential offinding the next Lukaku with a proportion and to give us depth we've lacked for years there, and to add another pacey goal scorer who can play across the front three.

Ohhh, poor Davek didnt get enough attention from his 7 million posts in the other threads, and had to create one to rehash his same tired complaints. And he wants to pretend like he cares about anyone elses thoughts...how quaint.
so true and around the time we get more good news. Lying on his back waiting for someone to scratch his belly

IF he does go my estaimate would be that we would add a proven experienced player in this league - the likes of a Giroud, Vardy type.

@bluestevon
Great point mate. We are signing all these young hungry players but we need experience of the league and quality, to supplement them.
I know giroud would be a fine addition to the squad, but I get the feeling koeman is after pace and a high energy pressing game from the front.
For that reason I'd like Vardy and dembele. Alongside Sandro that is a formidable front 3
Sandro Dembele Vardy

On the plus side at eat we are bringing a popgun to a gun fight instead of a knife.

See something has changed!

Giroud is far too slow for my liking - though if we bring in 2 speedy wingers who can score (which rules out any of our current players) plus klaasen scoring from midfield, then it might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back