Are you that bothered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s an important distinction between ‘direct’ football and ‘long ball’ football. I loved watching a lot of our stuff under moyes, where home games would often see us win just by making the opposition crack under the pressure of constant bombardment. Whatever some revisionists like to say, 95% of the crowd loved it too, because the atmosphere was often crackling in those days.

I don’t like the football we’ve played at times this year though, even on Wednesday, with aimless long hoofs in the direction of a lad who wins about 10% of headers.

If allardyce plays direct, winning football, i’ll Be happy enough.

Wayne's wonder goal stemmed from Jonso "hoofing" it from his own box in the general direction of the opposition goal.

It sure beats half a dozen sideways passes allowing the other team to regroup ;)

As long as we win, surely that's all that matters? I've still got my bet on from the start of the season for Everton to win the FA Cup, he's my only hope.

Being defensive with two banks of 4 doesn’t necessarily equate to bad football if we get the counters right.

I’d be fine if we played like that going forward, just sharpen our attacking counters.

Always thought the squad we had under Martinez would have been perfect for counter attacking football, shame he wasn’t more tactically flexible. That Wolfsburg away match was a good example of it.

"The past is a foreign country they do things differently there" a big thank you to LP Hartley - COYB let us move on & be positive REMEMBER it is only a game of football of which we as supporters have no say & can only support ( in other words let's stop whining & lets get on with it)

I don't understand the obsession with Martinez-esque tippy tappy football.

The Dogs of War of '95 certainly didn't play like that.

I love watching blood and thunder football.. it's awesome when your constantly shouting for every throw in and decision by the ref. It's like a proper fight and it gets the crowd going... when both teams are really fighting it creates an awesome atmosphere ...

Always thought the squad we had under Martinez would have been perfect for counter attacking football, shame he wasn’t more tactically flexible. That Wolfsburg away match was a good example of it.

My last live match was Wolfsburg at home... and honestly I was bored. I hated the possession based approach from bobby ... even when we won ... i like to scream and shout and get off my seat. Tiki taka doesn't do that for me it's like watching Italian football in the 90's . Slow and boring

If BFS uses his anti football to deliver the first derby win in ages, whilst winding them up, I simply don't care. It's been too long...
I'd prefer us to win this one 1-0 with nothing more than a route one, hopeful long punt that DCL flicks on for Rooney to score the scuffiest goal of all time, just to wind that lot up even more. 'Carra' already getting his excuses in this week just in case we do get a result.

Think you have to play multiple ways. Having a target man as an outlet to hold up play in order to spring a counter is fine. Everyone needs to do a bit of it sometimes. It'd help play with Man City. But there are times where your team should press, times when they should hold the ball, etc.

Big Sam likes to concede possession too much, however, for my tastes.

But no, if we win, I'm happy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.