Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

If we couldn't get that winger we desperately needed this is something and something we didn't expect when the window shut last night. Even with the injury having him in the building hopefully means we aren't as over a barrell if Dom wants to go in January. Also can take a look at him if he can stay fit to see if we want to keep him long term. He does have pace and power and a eye for a goal if you can get him going. He can also play off the left aswell as as centrally.

Injury issues are obviously a worry, but with us being rock bottom at the moment and one of the least attractive teams to want to play for in the universe, then its not a bad deal IF he manages to get fit.

Given a run of games/fitness, hes actually a decent forward, being strong up top, and wide either side. Hes a proper handful, like Dom/Beto, BUT HE can actually find the back of the net.

It is a gamble, but in our position we dont have many choices. If he does get fit and shows good signs, we buy him (for it aeems a reasonable price). If he doesnt, we dont. Not terribly bad business considering Dom will be gone, Beto is random and Chermitti is an unknown. A more positive than negative signing imo.

Broja has been brought in to get fit, integrated and contributing by the end of the calendar year so we are not having to panic buy in January if we are forced to sell DCL to a contender with a need.

He, like Chermiti, can also play off the left for at least parts of games if needed creating some flexibility.
giphy.gif

If we couldn't get that winger we desperately needed this is something and something we didn't expect when the window shut last night. Even with the injury having him in the building hopefully means we aren't as over a barrell if Dom wants to go in January. Also can take a look at him if he can stay fit to see if we want to keep him long term. He does have pace and power and a eye for a goal if you can get him going. He can also play off the left aswell as as centrally.
You could have stated that for DCL .....

I could see a scenario where it has been more panic at Chelsea’s end. We may have had that offer on the table for some time, which if reports are true does not look to be favourable to Chelsea but they’ve now accepted it. All speculation of course. Does make you wonder why it fell through is a Ipswich could have got the same deal.
I definitely think we don’t get that deal even two days before the deadline. It’s a good argument for remaining calm and keeping a loan slot aside for the big day when things like loan fees or obligations become secondary concerns for bloated squads like Chelsea.

Broja has been brought in to get fit, integrated and contributing by the end of the calendar year so we are not having to panic buy in January if we are forced to sell DCL to a contender with a need.

He, like Chermiti, can also play off the left for at least parts of games if needed creating some flexibility.
Yep…forward planning with no outlay from us until he is ready to play, quite a smart move - it’s now just whether the player will be fit / good enough

Injury issues are obviously a worry, but with us being rock bottom at the moment and one of the least attractive teams to want to play for in the universe, then its not a bad deal IF he manages to get fit.

Given a run of games/fitness, hes actually a decent forward, being strong up top, and wide either side. Hes a proper handful, like Dom/Beto, BUT HE can actually find the back of the net.

It is a gamble, but in our position we dont have many choices. If he does get fit and shows good signs, we buy him (for it aeems a reasonable price). If he doesnt, we dont. Not terribly bad business considering Dom will be gone, Beto is random and Chermitti is an unknown. A more positive than negative signing imo.
He struggled in a side that have an abundance of attacking players - lets see how he gets on with Dyche ball ? I hope he does well, but if Ipswich knocked him back 3 days earlier, a failed medical - why did we accept him with a worse injury record than DCL - just to be back up on the bench ?

Letting youth players go everywhere?

Yup atm he's at the crossroads as a player, 23 in a few days - so ageing out of that young prospect group and into WYSIWYG, doesn't kick on this year then can probably say it's very unlikely he will do.

Hope is the lad has a bit of fire inside him as he's gone from a player everyone raved about to one a lot criticise now, does he have the desire to go with the obvious ability...

All you can say is Dyche is probably the sort of manager he needs. Quite no nonsense, won't cut him much slack. I think he's been pandered too a bit, and it's time to probably either sink or swim for him.

I don't love the signing at all, but it's a loan with no real risk for us. I do wonder if something gets done for DCL in January, and maybe even Brainthwaite this summer.

I could see a scenario where it has been more panic at Chelsea’s end. We may have had that offer on the table for some time, which if reports are true does not look to be favourable to Chelsea but they’ve now accepted it. All speculation of course. Does make you wonder why it fell through is a Ipswich could have got the same deal.
Looking at the timeline my hunch would be the deal we’ve ended up with is pretty close to the deal Ipswich were getting at the end, if the original loan collapsed due to the injury then converting the obligation to an option and pausing the wage contribution would’ve been concessions Chelsea likely made to them to revive it.

But Broja I don’t think really fancied it and wanted to come to us so maybe his agent belled us and said, this is the deal we’ve struck, fancy it instead? And it was a good chance to get him in risk free and have a close look, so we hijacked.

Thelwell forward planning.

DCL only goes if he starts bagging from now until Jan though.

No one touched him this window.

Doesn’t matter, he will become public enemy number 1 when he hasn’t scored after half a second during his first game.

The tactical set up, if you want to call hoof ball that, from SD doesn’t have us scoring many, I’d be stunned if he scored more than 2 for us by the end of the season.

Think there’s definitely one eye on getting Dom out the door in January. A team with injury problems up front would maybe still panic splurge 7-8m to get him in the door, and we’d be in a comfortable position cover wise to accept.
The question in January is if DCL would agree to a transfer. He would only need to wait a short while to move on a free and command a much higher signing on fee.

Well that’s it moaning over, time to get behind the lads and get this team back to winning ways. I was depressed last night but what good is that now, what’s done is done. I think Broja isn’t all that bad to be honest, he has quite a bit of skill on the ball, something I’ve wanted for a while from a player up top.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back