Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

Broja has been brought in to get fit, integrated and contributing by the end of the calendar year so we are not having to panic buy in January if we are forced to sell DCL to a contender with a need.

He, like Chermiti, can also play off the left for at least parts of games if needed creating some flexibility.

…..and yet the reality is Broja appears to be valued significantly higher.
In fact he is, but for me it is more about what player profile we need than market value, ofc a player should be good enough... And the profile of Fofana is rather what I would have signed.

Broja has been brought in to get fit, integrated and contributing by the end of the calendar year so we are not having to panic buy in January if we are forced to sell DCL to a contender with a need.

He, like Chermiti, can also play off the left for at least parts of games if needed creating some flexibility.
Think there’s definitely one eye on getting Dom out the door in January. A team with injury problems up front would maybe still panic splurge 7-8m to get him in the door, and we’d be in a comfortable position cover wise to accept.

Yeah is why the Arnautovic is a good shout by neiler, can see the similaities. Hopefully with him being a forward will mean he will come inside more to join the cf cutting in if we can get crosses into the box to use his height advantage on the fb.
S'ton played 442 with Broja-Adams up front?

It’s a weird one, the timing and the way we went about it screams panic, but at the same time this is a lad we’ve been targeting (rightly or wrongly) for years now, heavily linked every window and apparently top of the striker list (again, rightly or wrongly). So it’s not some rando we’ve picked up in desperation, he was our top target all along.

So I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it’s more opportunism than panic- we’ve got him in the door for a look on very favourable terms.
I could see a scenario where it has been more panic at Chelsea’s end. We may have had that offer on the table for some time, which if reports are true does not look to be favourable to Chelsea but they’ve now accepted it. All speculation of course. Does make you wonder why it fell through is a Ipswich could have got the same deal.

Got to say I like the stubbornness of Thelwell when he sets his sights on a younger player, may take him a whilst for the situation to work out allowing the player to be finally brought in, but it shows someone who believes in his judgement long term
Or someone with a very limited list of players he can/will go for.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back