Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Confirmed Signing Armando Broja

It’s not just about money though. If, say, United have a couple of strikers out in Jan and need someone in right away is he going to say no thanks, bell me in the summer. Because in the summer they won’t bell him.
You could be right. I guess it depends on his motivation. In your scenario he gets 6 months game time at United max and then he won't play. If he wants game time he could have signed here. If he wants a big pay day he's still better off waiting to go on a free.

Perhaps he really rates himself highly and goes in January because he thinks he's good enough to play on a bigger stage than we can offer him. I guess we'll see.

No loan fee, not paying wages until fit and no mandatory buy clause.

Dont tell me people are moaning about this deal
Tining is odd. Stop thinking about him replacing Maupay. Maupay wasn't here last season and was never going to stay this season.

The only reason for getting in a striker was Chermiti's injury. And we are bringing in an injured striker.

As the majority of other clubs, we only start games with one striker. Why do we need four number 9s in the squad? Manchester City have one. Manchester United have one. You can argue that Arsenal and Liverpool have zero. Aston Villa have two. Brighton have only Ferguson?

We are burning money Like crazy.

They’ve been clearly interested in him for a while & with him not going to Ipswich, Chelsea may have been desperate to get shut.

Sometimes the opportunities present themselves last minute.
I suspect that we had a plan a) which was the initial deal on the table at Ipswich but once they, Ipswich, complicated matters and wanted to change the terms of the deal we went into plan b) which I don’t think was Everton but a return to Southampton but they managed to get Newcastle to cancel Frasers contract
Broja current injury is as much to do with him having to do a full pre season on the back of little to no game time at Fulham.
He wasn’t honing to get into the squad and like many academy prospects who burst on the scenes found it very difficult to take that final step.

Tining is odd. Stop thinking about him replacing Maupay. Maupay wasn't here last season and was never going to stay this season.

The only reason for getting in a striker was Chermiti's injury. And we are bringing in an injured striker.

As the majority of other clubs, we only start games with one striker. Why do we need four number 9s in the squad? Manchester City have one. Manchester United have one. You can argue that Arsenal and Liverpool have zero. Aston Villa have two. Brighton have only Ferguson?

Well I think that's the point, we aren't with this deal.

DCL is out of contract, we only need to go back a few months to when Chemiti was playing over Beto. We have numbers there, not quality or stability.

We bring this guy in with no up front commitment, we don't pay until he plays, he's on a tryout for a few months and then we decide.

For as broke as we are, I don't see how the deal could be any better.

As far as him as a player, I'm not convinced he's really a striker, at least not one who plays up top by himself. To me he seems more like a wide forward in a 433, or a 2nd striker in a 442.

I know there hasn’t been much forward planning at the club but that doesn’t mean me need to be fearful and suspicious when it occurs!

DCL won’t be here next season and we’d happily sell come Jan if possible. Chermiti isn’t fit and for his development a Jan loan would be best. Beto we don’t rate and will likely try to shift at some point.

Meanwhile we get a zero fee loan to have a close look at the guy we *think* could be DCL’s successor to be sure either way while also having the cover in place and hopefully up to speed to move on one or more strikers in January.

Depends on the standard of striker you have, the clubs you mention have top class forward, or ones that score goals, we haven't had that since Lukaku and before that thd Yak. Our present ones are injury prone, or in Beto's case just not good enough yet.

Yeah that's it, but what was Everton's offer that Ipswich wasn't matching yesterday?

I figure it can only be wages, player preference or there's a gentleman's agreement somewhere.
I read somewhere that Thelwell is tight with someone high up at Chelsea, can’t remember who

Their Sporting Director is a former EFC scout, Laurence Stewart

We were probably their break glass option if Ipswich fell through, meaning they could play hardball with Ipswich knowing they had a ready made deal with us

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back