Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Cleverley or Mirallas - neither of them would play far enough forward / occupy the defender in the way that Kone does, which creates the space for Lukaku. Play Kone there until January, then get Austin.

Messed up our best chance in the second half, didn't close down for their first goal and lost the ball in the build up to the second one as well.

Should have been subbed well before they scored.

Messed up our best chance in the second half, didn't close down for their first goal and lost the ball in the build up to the second one as well.

Should have been subbed well before they scored.

Was the sort of performance that Naismith was putting in post chelsea hattrick where he was justified to be dropped back to the bench. Kone will get another chance against palace no doubt but if he puts in another performance like that no way will Martinez not take him out for his adopted son Cleverly.

Gutting as Rondon for WBA looks like a player that would have been perfect for the role Kone is played in. I was gutted we never went in for him in the summer.

I am delighted he has proven me wrong, he's been a revelation this season and I am more made for him than anything.

Quite right. But the problem is that he is a no 9 playing on the left side and is expected to bomb up and down as well as support Lukaku and help out Galloway. Not his game.

For a long time, I have thought the team has a structural problem. The best teams usually have just one strong defensive midfielder and more creative players. We have just Del Boy and Barkley as the creators and I think we need one more in midfield.

solution; Flog Naismith and Miralles and get that bloke from the Ukraine who turned us over last year. Kone can stay on as the sub for Lukaku.

Quite right. But the problem is that he is a no 9 playing on the left side and is expected to bomb up and down as well as support Lukaku and help out Galloway. Not his game.

For a long time, I have thought the team has a structural problem. The best teams usually have just one strong defensive midfielder and more creative players. We have just Del Boy and Barkley as the creators and I think we need one more in midfield.

solution; Flog Naismith and Miralles and get that bloke from the Ukraine who turned us over last year. Kone can stay on as the sub for Lukaku.

Rom and him love playing together. He makes Rom better. Not sure isolating Rom again is the way forward.

Rom and him love playing together. He makes Rom better. Not sure isolating Rom again is the way forward.

Agree the solution for me is another forward but one of a younger model with pace but who can still hold the ball up well. like I said in my previous post Rondon would have fitted the bill perfectly, only 25 and can score goals/hold it up and lay it off. Would be more than happy to see Naismith and Mcgeady flogged and using the supposed 'yarmolenko' money on luring him from WBA.

Agree the solution for me is another forward but one of a younger model with pace but who can still hold the ball up well. like I said in my previous post Rondon would have fitted the bill perfectly, only 25 and can score goals/hold it up and lay it off. Would be more than happy to see Naismith and Mcgeady flogged and using the supposed 'yarmolenko' money on luring him from WBA.

Yeah...going forward we need to find a younger partner that does the things Kone does well. Which includes pace BTW. He ain't no slouch.

I think the weirdest thing on here is that folks are trying to make it seem like he's playing a left wing role. Sure, he's being asked to track back on defense, but going forward he's not being asked to be Deulofeu.

I agree. But Lukaku and Kone did not play together yesterday because the team's structure demands that Kone chases back on the left.

Imagine a midfield of; yarmenlko, mc Carthy and Barkley. And a front three of Cleverley/Kone, Lukaku, and Del Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back