Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called it from day 1. Same as Robles,Alcaraz and McGeady sadly...

he's absolutely rubbish...all the praise he got and "i told you so's" after a couple of decent games and a new contact...

should be binned off.

He was really good for a small phase earlier in the season, and could continue to do a job for us if he wasn't overplayed. He's a decent squad striker but as this run of games has proven he's not sharp enough to get regular 90 minutes.

Poor squad management from Martinez, he's got a blind spot there as he has with the goalkeeper.

He was really good for a small phase earlier in the season, and could continue to do a job for us if he wasn't overplayed. He's a decent squad striker but as this run of games has proven he's not sharp enough to get regular 90 minutes.

Poor squad management from Martinez, he's got a blind spot there as he has with the goalkeeper.

He just has to play cleverley there until we sign a LW/LM.

He also needs to bring in a forward to compete with Lukaku...

then hopefully kone is 3rd choice for each of those positions :)

He had his little mini revival earlier on in the season and is back to his terrible self, bench him for a few games and bring him on if needs be. Slows everything down he can't finish and his passing ATM is atrocious

He just has to play cleverley there until we sign a LW/LM.

He also needs to bring in a forward to compete with Lukaku...

then hopefully kone is 3rd choice for each of those positions :)

Fair rotating of Naismith & Kone, depending on form, would've won us more points. Or pushing Ross up to that position if both were playing flannel.

...I recall getting shouted at for wondering if his performance might dip once he got his contract extension. I've seen it before with some players. His has but only time will tell if that's the reason. His contribution hardly warrants inclusion with the likes of Mirallas who would offer more threat sitting on the bench.

...I recall getting shouted at for wondering if his performance might dip once he got his contract extension. I've seen it before with some players. His has but only time will tell if that's the reason. His contribution hardly warrants inclusion with the likes of Mirallas who would offer more threat sitting on the bench.

It's not that mate, he is just a not very good footballer who had a run of decent performances with one stellar game from him in that 4-5 game run, 31yo who at his best was just decent, with a major injury losing him near enough two years of football in his late 20's-early 30's and played out of position - what can we honestly expect from him?

Like with Naismith, can't fault his commitment and has the rare moment in a game that he looks good, but his level is below most of the other players around him by a decent way

Kone has to be dropped based on form. He's killing us out there. Put Lennon on the left and Gerry on the right...or but Besic in and move Cleverly out wide to play those diagonal balls to Rom. Kone has to be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back