2018/19 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, think he was crap during the majority of the time he spent here, first season included, and last season he was comically bad.

I'm sticking to it, awful signing, a few would agree too I'd imagine.

He was definitely garbo last year. Overall I’d say a mediocre signing. ”Awful” is the word I’d use for the Klaassen signing, who cost twice as much and didn’t contribute at all.

I'm completely speculating, but I would bet that we've got a possibility of a small fee if Stoke get promoted. Can you imagine?

He was definitely garbo last year. Overall I’d say a mediocre signing. ”Awful” is the word I’d use for the Klaassen signing, who cost twice as much and didn’t contribute at all.

Both awful. Klaasan was awful financially wise but didn't really play much

Williams was awful because of how utterly garbage we was on the pitch.

I'd say Williams signing was awful because he's presence on the pitch cost us more than Klaasens, as he hardly ever was.

We are in some agreement, Klaasen was an awful signing, still somewhat shocked we recouped north of 10m for him.

He will be missed. There is a player in there somewhere. Not many left to get shut of now, ignoring the ones who somehow made it to the retained list.

It's always a what could have been for me with him.

Kept his Swansea form and leadership he'd have been a great signing.

Yep. The really disappointing thing for me was that the leadership and bravery he showed for Wales, especially in Euro 2016, was completely and utterly absent for Everton. Last season he not only shied away from being a leader, he completely shirked his most basic responsibilities as a defender.

Forgot to say I actually think he'd be a decent signing for Stoke, as long as his attitude is correct. Pace of the Championship will suit him much more.

Yep. The really disappointing thing for me was that the leadership and bravery he showed for Wales, especially in Euro 2016, was completely and utterly absent for Everton. Last season he not only shied away from being a leader, he completely shirked his most basic responsibilities as a defender.
He looked better ( well average) for Wales because he never moved 5 yards from the edge of his own box as they used Bales pace on the counter attack. Let’s never mention his name again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back