2018/19 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always seemed half-assed and arrogant in his time with us, which I could kind of accept if he was actually playing well. Seemed like he thought he had moved to the MLS or something and it was time to coast on his previously good rep.

He was shocking on many occasions even in that first season when people seemed to think our defensive unit got better when what they were actually seeing was the same mess but with much more cover from the players in front of them as we sat deeper for the dull tactics of our dull manager.

A slow crap hoof merchant that I am delighted to see the back of.

To be honest I think that was always his style, he just had the habit of being in the right place at the right time despite playing in slow-mo. He played in teams that were more defensive minded so we can't really blame him for then not being as advertised when trying to play in a back 4, with other players going through the same crisis of confidence and no midfield to speak of. If it was just him causing the mistakes I would understand more.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy he has gone but when I see stuff like 'he was the worst player I have ever seen play for Everton' or 'I hate him more than Barmby' I think it is wildly over the top. He wasn't a success here but he played games, he wasn't a Krøldrup, just a player who we thought would do better but didn't quite live up to it. If that is the grounds to start hating players then pretty much the whole team should be in that category and as you saw with Klaassen's departure that isn't the case. There was someone who didn't contribute a bean, cost the club more yet getting a far easier time of it. Doesn't seem right to me, not the Everton I once knew anyroad. I thank him for what he has done (right) and wish him well going forward.

He was overpriced, let himself get into a terrible physical condition considering he is a full time professional "athlete" and was positionally one of the worst centre halves I've ever seen play at this level.

He had zero redeeming features, slow, positionally inept, terrible on the ball and mentally weak. A truly awful player for us bar maybes a couple of games throughout his duration at the club.

God help Stoke.

When your 13 year old son is rejected from loads of academies......its hard to explain to him why people like Williams can get fat and paid millions to play the game he is desperate for a chance in.

He didn't seem right last year. Looked geniunely shell-shocked when things went sour, and never really came back from it.

Hope he does well at Stoke, but he was atrocious for us and I'm glad he has gone.

The strange thing is he always looked so impressive when he came to Goodison with Swansea.

I was made up when we signed him :(

As rubbish as he is.. we wouldn’t have let him go unless we were extremely close to bringing a CB in... right?

Genuinely feel made up hes gone! Makes me happier about Everton already.. if Mirallas goes aswell that will be fantastic

As rubbish as he is.. we wouldn’t have let him go unless we were extremely close to bringing a CB in... right?
*imagine a talking paperclip on your screen for a moment.

From what you are typing it seems this might be your first year supporting Everton. Would you like some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back