Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrary to popular belief, he is NOT our worst performing defender and there is a squad of players far worse. I’ll say it again, there has been far too much reliance on the defence of late, because we cannot for the life of us string a sequences of passes together and keep possession; without a reliable centre forward, we are never going to be a threat to our opponents’ defences, thus are own defence will always be asked questions of.

Booing, if true, is unacceptable, especially now.
So you would pick him for Wednesday, yes or no?

Contrary to popular belief, he is NOT our worst performing defender and there is a squad of players far worse. I’ll say it again, there has been far too much reliance on the defence of late, because we cannot for the life of us string a sequences of passes together and keep possession; without a reliable centre forward, we are never going to be a threat to our opponents’ defences, thus are own defence will always be asked questions of.

Are you serious, Keanes a close second but Williams has been an utter disgrace. There’s no professionalism from him at all, he’s lost what small amount of pace he had and is just intent on doing what he wants.

He’s supposed to be a leader, he’s fell into the “can’t be arsed” category. He’s going through the motions till January

I dont care how bad hes been, people booing him when he went down towards our end to warm up is disgusting! Beni jogs down after and everyone claps! Bang out from many blues yesterday.

whats disgusting is that lump costing us 2 goals a game, he is a disgrace

think the fans who travelled all the way down to Southampton will think differently as well

I also agree that williams has been terrible all season, and i was sticking up for him at the begining of the season.
I do have abit of sympathy for him though, you can see in his face that he is struggling, you cant actually knock him for lack of effort, its just he cant run as quick, jump as high, turn as quick as he could.
He looks a broken man, every game after every mistake you see that ashley williams pose, were he pulls his shirt up over his face, he struggling to deal with he isnt the player he was. And as said, its not like he isnt fighting (literly) to try and fix this, its just he cant physically do it.

Any anger aimed towards him, re direct that in the way of a guy called Morgan Schneiderlin,
A man in the paeak of his career, a man who when bothered is an absolute rolls royce of a footballer, can run midfields, and be up there with the best in the league.
This man although all the tools availible to STILL do this, decides his best way of getting us out of this mess is to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room, get sent off because the game isnt going his way, jogs around the pitch not following markers, not asking for the ball, not being a prescence and basicly not putting the effort in.

Absolute sh&*house

So you would pick him for Wednesday, yes or no?

Yes.

Despite his shortcomings, he has made some excellent interceptions in the last couple of games; at times, looked like the only one in defence.

I don’t believe we should be venting the lion’s share of our frustrations on one individual. The club is in chaos from top to bottom.

You've got to admit we were a bit unlucky here in this transfer.

At the time everyone in the game seemed agreed we'd paid over the odds for a very good Premier League defender who's downside was his age in that there'd be no re-sale value and we'd probably only get 2 or 3 good seasons out of him.

It's just our luck that he seemed to implode so quickly.

You've got to admit we were a bit unlucky here in this transfer.

At the time everyone in the game seemed agreed we'd paid over the odds for a very good Premier League defender who's downside was his age in that there'd be no re-sale value and we'd probably only get 2 or 3 good seasons out of him.

It's just our luck that he seemed to implode so quickly.
I always thought he was a yard dog to be honest, he's now an overweight old yard dog

You did sign Titus Bramble a few years back...

We've also had Paul McShane who was at direct fault for 4/5 of the 7 goals you put past us under Keane in that horrific 7-1 game.... I still think, it's the worst defensive performance I've witnessed live. It was a bit like when you go out on a Saturday night and roll in 5am, only to have a game at 11am on a wet Sunday league pitch - you're still drunk and your coordination is all over the place but you're playing, but just wanting the game to finish so you can be sick and go to bed. It was even worse that David Luiz's performance v the Germans in the World-Cup semi-final.

One of your many goals that game, I think Andy Johnson come on and inevitably got on the score sheet, the ball bounced over McShane's head (He misjudged the bounce) then he slipped on top of that. At that point, I just had to laugh.

Dear god.

lol

Despite his shortcomings, he has made some excellent interceptions in the last couple of games; at times, looked like the only one in defence.

I don’t believe we should be venting the lion’s share of our frustrations on one individual. The club is in chaos from top to bottom.

Alright Ash

totally bereft of any confidence.

he was a limited player as it was, who seemed to perform better when the team was working (obviously)

but when the chips are down and the pressure is on, it seems to impact his game massively.

he should be taken away from the first team squad for a good month or so.

hopefully he can rebuild his confidence, as getting hounded game after game is not helping him, even if he does deserve the negative comments

We've also had Paul McShane who was at direct fault for 4/5 of the 7 goals you put past us under Keane in that horrific 7-1 game.... I still think, it's the worst defensive performance I've witnessed live. It was a bit like when you go out on a Saturday night and roll in 5am, only to have a game at 11am on a wet Sunday league pitch - you're still drunk and your coordination is all over the place but you're playing, but just wanting the game to finish so you can be sick and go to bed. It was even worse that David Luiz's performance v the Germans in the World-Cup semi-final.

One of your many goals that game, I think Andy Johnson come on and inevitably got on the score sheet, the ball bounced over McShane's head (He misjudged the bounce) then he slipped on top of that. At that point, I just had to laugh.

Dear god.

lol

That was one of the most hilarious/awful performances I have ever seen,if somebody had said Sunderland had turned up a player short and had to rag some one out of the crowd to play after they had finished a 12 hour nightshift then drank a bottle of scotch I would have believed it

Dear god.

lol

Still always tell people to this day, that is the worst individual performance by an opposition player I've ever witnessed with my own eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back