Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the more disappointing signings we've made in that I expected and have seen much better out of him. He had some very good games against us when he was at Swansea not that long ago. Don't know WTF has happened to him in that short time.

He like others were brought in on the basis that we would be challenging the top 4. When things looked ok they all appeared to be playing well, then we got spanked and as the confidence drained we could compete with the top teams a lot of these players realised we wouldn't get close in the time that they would be here. Kind of natural to dip your head after that and just pick up a pay cheque.

I wouldn't go that far, but something has gone horribly wrong. I was actually really happy we signed him, but now I hope he has played his last game for us.
I think he let himself go during the summer, came back in poor condition and has never recovered. I remember seeing a picture of him in preseason with a substantial gut.
He was one of the players I would have listed as a leader but certainly not this season.

A new season, a new manager, a new attitude..maybe...

We should never have bought him in the first place imo. He had a few good games in the Euro's and as with many of the Wales players at the time the hype was elevated surrounding them to make them all look like world beaters. Nothing to do with the fact it was a rubbish Euro's. I also don't remember loads of other clubs rushing to buy him when we did probably because he was already the wrong age. Awful siging imo.

We should never have bought him in the first place imo. He had a few good games in the Euro's and as with many of the Wales players at the time the hype was elevated surrounding them to make them all look like world beaters. Nothing to do with the fact it was a rubbish Euro's. I also don't remember loads of other clubs rushing to buy him when we did probably because he was already the wrong age. Awful siging imo.
Should never buy a player on the back of his form in an international tournament.

I thought we were getting a big, rough, tough, no nonsense centre half.
A strong leader, potential captain etc.
Just what we needed.. ( and still do like )

How wrong I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back