Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going through results so far he's had an absolute nightmare for some of the goals conceded.

Villa away he got absolutely roasted for their 1st goal and basically set up their 4th with a throw in straight to them

Wolves at home under no pressure at all tries to volley the ball upfield and in a panic it goes straight to their midfielder and about 10 seconds later they score

Luton he's at fault for the goal, who knows why he's trying to control a ball on the goal line.

Then the sending off on Saturday.

Him and Keane are an absolute disaster.
He has indeed been guilty of some major brain farts. If only we had someone like Patterson* to play in that position who might actually improve over the season with regular playing rather than deteriorate.

*not overly impressed with Patterson either but unless we are getting someone new in who is better, what else can we do?

It's the area of the pitch which epitomizes our recruitment issues, classic sentimental FC thinking the likes of Baines and Coleman even Digne would just go on forever. Our recruitment has/is easily the worst of any club in Europe imo, it's absolutely destroyed this club.

The frees, academy, and loans since that period...

Hibbert
Sidibe
Jacobsen
Holgate
Vinegre
Nkunkou
Browning
Martina
Garbutt
Kenny

There's never been any competition or development since Coleman and Baines ruled the roost. Apart from Digne, it's never been an area of investment

Last edited:

He has indeed been guilty of some major brain farts. If only we had someone like Patterson* to play in that position who might actually improve over the season with regular playing rather than deteriorate.

*not overly impressed with Patterson either but unless we are getting someone new in who is better, what else can we do?

Yep and tbf to Patterson he actually played well against Villa in the cup and I thought he could have kept his place. Same as Sheffield Utd away, that wasn't his worst ever game was it.

He certainly has faults thats for sure but Youngs "experience" has counted for absolutely nothing so far. Those 2 bookings on Saturday are what you'd expect from Patterson. That 2nd yellow was absolutely pathetic considering he's in the side for his "experience"

It's time for Patterson to be given a run and then Coleman to challenge him. Young should be well down the pecking order and only used in emergencies only.

I am not a fan of Ashley Young, never have been, we should never have given him a contract. He is the typical Everton signing, he is of no value to the team but it looked like management were doing something in the transfer market. The only conceivable value he could have is his experience. I am sure the referee was discussed with the players prior to the game, they were bound to know he was iffy at best and they should have known he would book Everton players given any excuse. If the most inexperienced of our players had done what he did would be unforgivable, a 38 with his game time represents a complete lack of judgement. I do not know how Dyche can trust him again. In my opinion he is now just a drain on our meagre resources.

I am not a fan of Ashley Young, never have been, we should never have given him a contract. He is the typical Everton signing, he is of no value to the team but it looked like management were doing something in the transfer market. The only conceivable value he could have is his experience. I am sure the referee was discussed with the players prior to the game, they were bound to know he was iffy at best and they should have known he would book Everton players given any excuse. If the most inexperienced of our players had done what he did would be unforgivable, a 38 with his game time represents a complete lack of judgement. I do not know how Dyche can trust him again. In my opinion he is now just a drain on our meagre resources.
Think his age is a key factor, and obvious he is seen as a weak link...

The frees, academy, and loans since that period...

Hibbert
Sidibe
Jacobsen
Holgate
Vinegre
Nkunkou
Browning
Martina
Garbutt
Kenny

There's never been any competition or development since Coleman and Baines ruled the roost. Apart from Digne, it's never been an area of investment
Antonee Robinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back